Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I'm pretty sure we will be staying here for the first time on our next trip- for a night or two. If we would like to be near a pool, main desk/lobby ( will be needing to check out after 2 days as we have a split stay and will be going to another resort), and transportation, what should we request as far as the room? Is it possible to get all of this at the Dalmatians? Thanks

I'm pretty sure we will be staying here for the first time on our next trip- for a night or two. If we would like to be near a pool, main desk/lobby ( will be needing to check out after 2 days as we have a split stay and will be going to another resort), and transportation, what should we request as far as the room? Is it possible to get all of this at the Dalmatians? Thanks

The Dalmatians section itself is pretty convenient to all those items, although it doesn't have its own pool. It's a short walk to either the Duck Pond or Fantasia pools.

Also, for a room in the Dalmatians sections, you'd need to make sure you reserve a preferred room. The three preferred sections are Toy Story, Fantasia, and 101 Dalmatians. Standard room sections are Love Bug and Mighty Ducks.

Been checking the Disney site for weeks and finally snagged a value resort for this Weekend. We are coming down for the Christmas party and didn't want to fork out a lot of money for the hotel. I really hate staying off site and was so happy to score a reservation. I did online check in today and requested Toy Story. I haven't stayed here since 2006. Has much changed at the resort? Thanks.

Hi all! Planning a trip for the end of April, beginning of May. I am hearing about some cheer competitions going on at this time. Is this Resort impacted by this? Is it something I should avoid? How are the parks impacted? TIA! :)

Just got back from a quick stay here. Room was clean and in a great location toy story section.

Well, we are officially booked for April 28 - May 5 in a preferred room. I also requested a top floor, facing away from the pool. I've never stayed at this resort before so we are excited to try something new. Just hoping we aren't impacted too much by cheerleaders! :-/

Well I hit 60 days today, so in between cooking pumpkin and egg custard pies, broccoli rice casserole and chicken and noodles for tomorrow, I got my fastpasses set up (made my final decisions on park days and which tours I was doing night before last so I could decide on itinerary's for my days around tours and ADR's).

I also did online check in. I ended up in a preferred room when AP discounts came out, so I chose 101 Dalmatians. I figured if I was on that side of the resort I could still pop in between Music and Movies bus stops, whichever was closer. I also chose 1st floor but no real reason other than I figure I'll be walking enough without doing stairs as well (okay and I hate having to walk by the huge icons to get to the elevator :rotfl: ).

I was not offered Fantasia as a choice of buildings. I thought it was strange cause I didn't remember Movies having a POOL view or any other reason for that to be a higher category or not a choice. :confused3 Maybe they just assume if you don't mark one of the others that you want Fantasia?

Really the only thing left to decide is if I'm going to rent a car and go off site on Thursday to visit Universal. I think between the 3 ADR's and the 2 tours that may be the end of my splurging on this trip. With the AP it makes more sense to stay at the parks where I don't need to shell out for another ticket (and since I'd want to hit both sides of Harry Potter I'd have to get park to park tickets which even on a one day ticket is pricey) and a one day car rental.

I've still got a while to make that decision. Anyway. Happy 60 day mark dance. :banana:

Has anyone ever gotten a microwave for medical reasons at Movies? I got one at Wilderness Lodge last month and didn't know if the values had them as well. I'll figure out a way to adapt if not but it's nice if it's available.

OK, I am staying at ASMo next week. I booked a prefered room but did not make any requests yet. Is it too late (I am 5 days out). All I really want in ground floor, pool side. Is that a tough request? We like the action and quick walk to the pool. When we stayed at PoP we would have our table outside our room every morning and have breakfast while our daughter swam. It just works for us. I know most like the quietest spot away from the pool and the noise but we're just the opposite. I can sleep during a hurricane!

Just back from a week's stay in the Mighty Ducks section and had a very good experience. the only two corrections I'd like to see are 1) new carpeting--our room's carpet print was so worn as to be invisible in the high traffic areas. it looked soiled too. 2) earlier pool hours. 9am is very late for those of us who like to swim before the parks. I don't remember the pool opening so late in other years.

Our last minute trip to the World just got a few days longer and in adding the days our original reservation got messed up. We are now staying at ASMovies 12/28-12/31. We have never stayed here and were hoping for any suggestions for room requests. It will be me, dd20 and ds18. Thanks for any input!

Our last minute trip to the World just got a few days longer and in adding the days our original reservation got messed up. We are now staying at ASMovies 12/28-12/31. We have never stayed here and were hoping for any suggestions for room requests. It will be me, dd20 and ds18. Thanks for any input!

It's a small resort so no worries.

I chose to request the the area to the right of the main building. (101 Dalmations in the preferred section and Mighty Ducks in the standard sections).

Music is next door to this area so you can bounce between the two food courts(newly refurbed at Music)/pools(sister resorts so pool hopping is allowed), and because if the buses are sharing Music is stop 2 and Movies is stop 3, so you're close enough to use either one.

When we stayed here, we stayed in the Mighty Ducks on the 3rd floor with a nice view of the pool from the balcony outside the front door. It seemed to be a lot quieter than other sections of the resort like the Fantasia.

The Duck Pond pool is a lot less busy than the large pool. Of course, if you are not going swimming, that shouldn't matter too much.

The only problem with the Mighty Ducks is that it's probably the furthest from the main building. You really only notice the walk if it is scorching hot outside, but with December temperatures it should be enjoyable.

When we were in the Ducks room, we walked over to the All Star Music to catch the bus to the parks. It's really a short walk and may save you lots of time. All Star Movies is the last to be picked up of the 3 All Stars. All Star Music is the second. We went in July when everything was busy and by the time the bus got to the movies on the first day, they had room for 4 more people in line of about 25. That's when we decided to walk to the music and catch the bus there. Smartest thing we ever did on that trip!

Anyway, I hope this help you out! Have fun on your trip!

Thanks so much for the replies! It has been a crazy 24 hours-just found out son's team is not going to a tournament (we had already booked the flight) and a coach forgot to inform us. Scramble mode to fill the 3 days (had already planned on Disney at the end of the week) and of course this late there are only deluxe rooms with no discounts. So was very excited to snag the room at Movies. Am looking forward to trying something new-ASMo and Coronado this time now. Pretty excited!

OK, I am staying at ASMo next week. I booked a prefered room but did not make any requests yet. Is it too late (I am 5 days out). All I really want in ground floor, pool side. Is that a tough request? We like the action and quick walk to the pool. When we stayed at PoP we would have our table outside our room every morning and have breakfast while our daughter swam. It just works for us. I know most like the quietest spot away from the pool and the noise but we're just the opposite. I can sleep during a hurricane!

actually a lot of people prefer to be first floor poolside, that is why you pay extra for a pool view room. did you pay for a preferred room only? or preferred pool view? or you can book a non preferred pool view (which would be the mighty ducks pool.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter