All Star Movies Renovations

Haley R

DIS Veteran
Renovations are completely done!

Renovations began March 23, 2018 and finished October 20, 2019.

These estimates of amount of time to complete buildings are super rough estimates because I'm just going off of what other posters have noted as they've stayed:

Building 10 (Toy Story-Preferred)-Complete/Roughly 64 days (March 23-May 26)
Building 9 (Toy Story-Preferred)-Complete/Roughly 30 days (May 26-June 25)
Building 8 (Fantasia-Preferred)-Complete/Roughly 93 days (May 31-September 1)
Building 7(Love Bug-Standard)-Complete/Roughly 40 days (August 1-September 10)
Building 6 (Love Bug-Standard)-Complete/Roughly 40 days (September 1-October 11)
Building 5 (Fantasia-Preferred)-Complete/Roughly 71 days (August 10-October 20)

Building 4 (Dalmatians-Preferred)-Complete/Roughly 57 days (April 4-May 31)
Building 3 (Mighty Ducks-Standard)-Complete/Roughly 80 days (April 29-July 18)
Building 2 (Mighty Ducks-Standard)-Complete/Roughly 72 days (May 30-August 10)
Building 1 (Dalmatians-Preferred)-Complete/Roughly 62 days (June 30-August 31)

New pictures of the bathroom and beverage area from @lolly2ga
All Star Movies Rennovations

This is a link from @SarahC97 's post that includes pictures of the new rooms.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-star-movies-rennovations.3670184/page-5#post-59288678

Here is a link to an Instagram post with pictures from the refurb (credit goes to @zobow02 ): https://www.instagram.com/p/BjiAU3QhwaV/?taken-by=

Elevator upgrade from @Helvetica https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-star-movies-rennovations.3670184/page-35#post-59972855

*Coffee makers*
The coffee brand is Joffrey's. I believe the coffee maker is a Cuisinart 2-cup and if the same as POP it's a WCM19. It uses pods not k-cups. The pods are provided for you in the room.

Last edited:
There haven’t been any report of renovations. I’m curious too, we are going mid May and would love to stay at A renovated room but since I don’t think they’ve started, I don’t think they will have any renovations done by May.

There haven’t been any report of renovations. I’m curious too, we are going mid May and would love to stay at A renovated room but since I don’t think they’ve started, I don’t think they will have any renovations done by May.
That’s so weird because it’s listed everywhere online that they would start at the end of February and now it’s getting to be the end of March.

We have a September trip booked. I even got the email that mentions the refurbishment. Speculation is, the work will start after Pop is done.

That’s so weird because it’s listed everywhere online that they would start at the end of February and now it’s getting to be the end of March.
I saw all the reports about it too, we got an email about it, but when I look on the website there isn’t any warning about renovations like the other resorts.

We have a September trip booked. I even got the email that mentions the refurbishment. Speculation is, the work will start after Pop is done.
Oh god if they are waiting until pop is done I won’t have a chance at a new room in October. They are way behind over there.

We have rooms at ASMo in May. At this point, I kind of hope they don’t begin until after our trip- lol

We have rooms at ASMo in May. At this point, I kind of hope they don’t begin until after our trip- lol
We stayed at Pop and the new rooms are so great! I just had a friend stay at music with her husband and she said they had to sleep in different beds and there was nowhere to put their suitcases. The beds in the refurbished rooms make all of the difference to me.

I am arriving late June and just received this email:

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort! We are thrilled to share our hospitality and passion for classic Disney films with you and your family.

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to inform you that a room refurbishment will be taking place during your visit. During this time, the Resort will be in full operation with all amenities available including our dining, merchandise and recreation locations.

While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.

If you have questions or need assistance prior to your arrival, please call the Disney Reservation Center at 407-939-5211 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

General Manager Punam Dayabhai-Jairambhai and the team at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!
Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

I am arriving late June and just received this email:

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort! We are thrilled to share our hospitality and passion for classic Disney films with you and your family.

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to inform you that a room refurbishment will be taking place during your visit. During this time, the Resort will be in full operation with all amenities available including our dining, merchandise and recreation locations.

While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.

If you have questions or need assistance prior to your arrival, please call the Disney Reservation Center at 407-939-5211 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

General Manager Punam Dayabhai-Jairambhai and the team at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!
Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC
I would hope they have started by June but you really never know. They are behind at pop so it’s hard to tell when they will start at movies.

Friends are going next month, and were told that there would be landscaping/outdoor refurb that should not affect their trip.

Not to hijack the thread but figured this was probably better than creating a whole new post...can you get connecting rooms at all star movies? Also can you request to be near the Dalmatians? Thanks!

Not to hijack the thread but figured this was probably better than creating a whole new post...can you get connecting rooms at all star movies? Also can you request to be near the Dalmatians? Thanks!
Yes there are connecting rooms at all star movies and you should be able to choose Dalmatians as one of your requests for online check in. It doesn't mean you will for sure get that area, but we usually always get our requests met. If not, we go to the front desk and ask nicely if there is any possible way to move. At AKL last year we had to wait a night, but it was totally worth it to get a king bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!