All of my training has prepared me for this moment -The FULLY AWESOME Pre-Trip Report

Hey Abby, where are your dance photos?? You can't keep your audience waiting!

I think the slight change in your flight plans is a good thing, since you will get some extra sleep. I know that would work for me.

I just had a peek at the Sims Family blog. I saw the photos before, but I have to say that you and your mom did such a wonderful job on your quilts and sock monkeys. They are beautiful! So much so that my DD is asking me to make one. You have created a monster!!

So, I must ask you Abby. How in the world do you make a sock monkey?

As you can see from my gifts to the boys I am not especially crafty, but I did enjoy shopping for them. The Vancouver Olympics 2010 onesies were so cool. I did not know that Lisa had an Olympic connection, so that is an added bonus. And I had to throw in the Maple Leafs soother holder. My son William was given some Leafs stuff when he was born ( just five months ago now) and it is all so cute!!

I just have to add my exciting news. I may need to start my own PTR soon!! Cross your fingers for me. My husband has agreed with my idea to take my DD to Disney before I return to work from maternity leave, but just the two of us!! A mom and daughter trip. I really hope it works out. If we go it will be the first part of December. I will keep you updated!!

Anyway, I can't wait to see your dance pics. Come on, come on...

Suz

I feel your pain with the cat that rules the roost issue. Cheat is the same, she is my alarm, my welcoming commitee and the thing that stops me having a pillow most nights. Many a time I have woke up to her treading on my stomach/face/hair. :ccat:

Your trip sounds like it is going to be great!! Hope you 3 have fun!! :dance3:

As for us, we are down to 11 days!! :eek::scared1:

We're back from our week at Disney and it was fabulous. We floated in the pool and relaxed... we didn't try to do everything at all, and it was wonderful!

I ended up loving OKW. Wayyyy more than I thought I would. It's so lovely!

I'm excited to hear more about your plans! And these dance pictures.. how fun!

Keep us updated!:goodvibes

oooOOohhhh! Sounds wonderful! Pictures? Stories? Do share! I'm glad you had a wonderful tim :)

Hey Abby, where are your dance photos?? You can't keep your audience waiting!

I think the slight change in your flight plans is a good thing, since you will get some extra sleep. I know that would work for me.

I just had a peek at the Sims Family blog. I saw the photos before, but I have to say that you and your mom did such a wonderful job on your quilts and sock monkeys. They are beautiful! So much so that my DD is asking me to make one. You have created a monster!!

So, I must ask you Abby. How in the world do you make a sock monkey?

As you can see from my gifts to the boys I am not especially crafty, but I did enjoy shopping for them. The Vancouver Olympics 2010 onesies were so cool. I did not know that Lisa had an Olympic connection, so that is an added bonus. And I had to throw in the Maple Leafs soother holder. My son William was given some Leafs stuff when he was born ( just five months ago now) and it is all so cute!!

I just have to add my exciting news. I may need to start my own PTR soon!! Cross your fingers for me. My husband has agreed with my idea to take my DD to Disney before I return to work from maternity leave, but just the two of us!! A mom and daughter trip. I really hope it works out. If we go it will be the first part of December. I will keep you updated!!

Anyway, I can't wait to see your dance pics. Come on, come on...

Suz

My mom is the one who did the monkeys - I think that they bought partially made kits. I think they found them here: http://www.sockmonkey.net/ There are a few different "levels" of kits - from just the socks to you only have to stuff it, kind of whatever fits your motivation!

Very exciting news on the possible PTR front!!! You will definitely have to keep us posted and in December to boot! I'll cross my fingers for you guys ...

I feel your pain with the cat that rules the roost issue. Cheat is the same, she is my alarm, my welcoming commitee and the thing that stops me having a pillow most nights. Many a time I have woke up to her treading on my stomach/face/hair. :ccat:

Your trip sounds like it is going to be great!! Hope you 3 have fun!! :dance3:

As for us, we are down to 11 days!! :eek::scared1:

Cats - moderately difficult to live with, exceptionally demanding and endlessly loving (just sometimes they love with their teeth in Zoe's case) I really wouldn't trade her for anything! Can't wait to hear all about your trip once you all are back!

Holy cats, it's been a while! Sorry all, I've never let life get in the way of my pre-trips and trippies before. I've had a whirlwind of a few weeks. I decided to take an online class this summer to finish up an additional certification in e-commerce marketing and it ended up being more labor intensive than I anticipated. (and let's face it, taking an online class in the summer isn't the most fun activity I could have selected for my leisure time! and yes, I got an A) Add that to work, dance class, dance competitions and more and unfortunately I slacked. Big time.

But here I am and here we are, 52 days out! Our payoff date is a week from today - scary! (not scary as in $$, but scary as in 45-days-out-man-this-trip-is-coming-up-fast!)

We last left off around the 20somethingish of July and I had competing in Saline, MI at their highland games. A couple pictures for you!

salinetrews.jpg

salineawards.jpg

I placed in 3 out of 4 dances.

I competed again August 1st in Detroit, Dad is still processing pictures from that competition, but I think he got some good ones. Didn't place there, but I danced really well - I had a very tough group and felt good about being able to keep up with the front runners and fit in with the very high standard of dance.

I'm done competing until labor day weekend - I have comps 3 out of 4 weekends in September and then we leave for Disney! I also still have to finish making 2 of my costumes that I need for some of those comps, so the time will go quickly!

So what has been done on the Disney front .....

not much I can write about. The problem with diabolical planning is that you can tell the ones you are plotting against. When you invite the victims to be part of the trip report and follow along and contribute, you kind of rule out the ability to share your plotting skills. So there are things in the works that I am not allowed to tell you because that would mean I'm also telling them.

My Belle costume is also on the list of items that need to be sewn, but it will wait until the 2 dance costumes are done. I've done some thinking on it and pretty much know the modifications that I need to do, but cutting and sewing will wait for a couple more weeks yet.

I need to upload more pictures, but will show our cute MNSSHP tickets in the next post!

Also, join us next time when I go shopping in my closet because I'm not allowed to go shopping in the store for clothes for this trip (self imposed rule)!

Thanks for sticking with me - I promise you'll have slightly exciting content that won't put you straight to sleep from here on out!

-Abby

Interesting pictures-glad the competitions are going well.

Wow Abby, you have had one busy summer. I hope your weather has been better than ours. It was finally hot this past weekend and today and this is the best we have gotten thus far.

Your dance photos were great. Thanks to your daddy for sharing the link with me. I really enjoyed viewing them. It looks like you have tons of fun dancing. You make your costumes for the competitions?? Wow, you have talent to spare my dear! I have an affinity for Highland Dance as my mom's family are from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. It is in my family blood.

Take your time with the PTR. We understand that life gets in the way. My potential trip is now on hold unfortunately. ( I should have kept my mouth shut and not jinxed everything). My DH work is facing a potential strike vote in a couple of weeks. If they vote to strike the trip is off. So, please keep your fingers crossed for us??

I must toddle off to bed. My babe is teething and gets up early these days. Have a great week!

Suz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter