ALL NEW DISNEY VACATION CLUB IN FLORIDA

MCazer

Unofficial Travel Agent to My Friends!
I got this in my email today:

Disney Vacation Club Reveals Plans for Fourth Ownership Resort At Walt Disney World Resort

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 25, 2000--Disney Vacation Development, Inc., operators of Disney Vacation Club (DVC) - Disney's innovative vacation ownership program -- announced today that it will expand its timeshare resort presence at the WALT DISNEY WORLD(R) Resort in Florida by building a fourth resort, bringing the total number of DVC resorts to six. This latest development marks a time of exciting growth for the Company, which now boasts a membership of 48,000 member families from over 60 countries.

The proposed development - which will be called Disney's Beach Club Villas - is slated to occupy a 6-acre site next to the Disney's Beach Club Resort in the Epcot(R) Theme Park Resorts area within Walt Disney World Resort. Development will begin this June with an estimated completion in the fall of 2002.

"We are very excited about the opportunity to bring the Disney Vacation Club concept to yet another site here at Walt Disney World," said Al Weiss, president of Walt Disney World Resort. "This latest expansion of our successful vacation ownership program allows us to provide still more magical experiences for our guest and member families."

Like its sister resort, Disney's Beach Club Villas will be designed by noted architect Robert A.M. Stern, best known for his East Coast seaside houses. The new ownership resort will be inspired by the casual elegance of Cape May oceanfront homes built in the early 20th century, reflecting a light, comfortable ambiance as characterized by the use of whimsical "stick-style" architecture, pastel colors, porches and other decorative elements.

"Our Company is committed to providing innovative vacation offerings,"said Weiss. "We believe that the new resort will be a great success and that the relaxed charm of this early 1900's eastern seaboard-inspired property will make it a great vacation option for members and guests alike."

Initial plans for Disney's Beach Club Villas call for the development of a 205-unit, free-standing four & five-story vacation ownership resort consisting of studio, one- and two-bedroom vacation villas adjacent to Disney's Beach Club Resort. All units will feature either a pool, garden or courtyard view. Further development plans call for the construction of connecting walkways and full access to Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts; the addition of a pool, as well as enhancements to the existing lobby/retail space and other select guest areas within Disney's Beach Club Resort.

As Disney Vacation Club approaches its decade mark in 2001, the Company is celebrating a number of achievements, including the expansion of its resort collection through the addition of Disney's Beach Club Villas and The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge (expected opening in January 2001) -- subject to government approvals

-- as well as the strong growth of its member base.

The current collection of Disney Vacation Club Resorts includes Disney's Old Key West Resort and Disney's BoardWalk Villas -- both located at the Walt Disney World Resort -- as well as Disney's first resorts beyond the Disney theme park locations; Disney's Vero Beach Resort on Florida's Atlantic Coast and Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort in South Carolina.

Disney Vacation Club, Lake Buena Vista

Mariska Elia, 407/566-3123

Email: mariska.elia@disney.com

URL: www.dvcmagic.com

Margaret
CM @ TDS
DVC-OKW '97

WOW, what great, and suprising news. I thought this location was a dead issue. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info. I would have bet the next one was going to be at the Animal Park Lodge before the Beach Club. In fact, I really don't see that much room between the BC and Epcot for it to be placed....

Yippee! I was pretty sure it was coming after a conversation I had with my rep when we bought our add on the end of last month. I can't wait. We will definitely be one of the first to buy there. We ought to have our current points about paid off by then. I just love the location and the pool is the best on property. With points there and at OKW we ought to be able to have any type of WDW vacation we want.

Gary OKW'94 wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>In fact, I really don't see that much room between the BC and Epcot for it to be placed....
[/quote]
According to the announcement:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>All units will feature either a pool, garden or courtyard view.
[/quote]
In other words, there will not be views of Crescent Lake or the waterway leading to Epcot. This suggests that the location isn't really between the Beach Club and Epcot, but rather somewhere "behind" the Beach Club.

I hope they give the new DVC resort a really great pool -- otherwise DVC members from the new Beach Club Villas will flock to nearby Stormalong Bay. This could lead to capacity problems at Stormalong Bay, straining the ability of Stormalong Bay to handle DVC pool hopping from the rest of us.

-----
Werner Weiss, Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Where do I sign up. Heck with the Wilderness, I want to be part of the beach /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Now this will bring up the age old debate. Will they extend the length of ownership or tear down the buildings in 42?

Quote:"Now this will bring up the age old debate. Will they extend the length of ownership or tear down the buildings in 42?"

No debate needed. As long as the new resort is part of DVC, ownership will expire in 2042- just like all DVC resorts. According to our charter, any present and/or future additions will end in 2042.
Now as for tearing them down, there is no need to do that, as ownership just reverts entirely back to Disney at that time. They could resell, rent ....or tear them down.

This is great! A couple of weeks ago we were walking from the beach club to epcot and noticed the land after the beach club and before the international gateway had some survey stakes out there. Is this where they are building?? If so, it is right on top of the international gateway! We just added more points at OKW a couple of weeks ago..and said we would add more a couple of years from now..seems like the perfect place to add points!

When we heard this rumor about a year ago we were also told the next additional would be over at the new animal kingdom lodge after the beach club was done..who knows..maybe that rumor will come true too?!!

Have a wonderful day!

Since there is a road located between BC and Epcot (it runs under the canal), it is unlikely that another structure can be comfortably placed in that area. More likely, the area behind BC and Epcot. This will be an interesting placement, but I'm sure another well designed addition to the DVC resort collection.
Can't wait to see some renderings of the design.

Wow! This is sooo exciting!!!!!! I'm so glad that Disney is giving us even more vacation opportunities. Woo hoo!

Based on info I saw on Master Plans, the land across the street from the BC entrance was marked for "Vacation Ownership" development. This land has been occupied by a small office trailer barley visible from Epcot Resorts Drive for over a couple of years now. Sounds like the spot to me and further is validated by the description in the press release. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Great news a 5 star post indeed we bought at the right time and will buy more in the future.I can see this spot will really kick up alot of new buyers.

Frankly, I can't get all that excited about this. Big deal, another place at WDW - it's not like they don't have enough already. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Now, if they were to announce something like a totally new location - that would be exciting news!

--Scott

Take a look at the TerraServer aerial image of the Epcot Resorts area and World Showcase.

There's an undeveloped area adjacent to the Beach Club near the center of the image (actually slightly above the center of the image). And just north of that undeveloped area, there's a small parking lot.

My guess is that the Beach Club Villas will replace the undeveloped patch and the small parking lot. They would need to be built sufficiently far from the Beach Club so that the Beach Club rooms and the Villas both have nice garden views, not views into each others windows.

-----
Werner Weiss, Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

...we already have choices at WDW. I would love to have more choices outside of Florida! Our first trip as DVC members will be to our BW home; next we'll go to HHI. I've been looking at exchanging into II for a trip to Arizona or California. The probl em is that we only want to stay in one place for 4 nights so we have to take a week and therefore throw away the 3 remaining nights. Plus not many of the II properties have suites or 1 bedrooms - there's just two of us. And, lastly, if its not DVC - I'm not sure of the quality.

We bought DVC for 2 reasons: 1) its Disney, 2) flexibility in time of year, length of stay and type of room.

Oh well, maybe next time..Ë?

Heidi

I have to agree with Scott and Heidi; a DVC resort outside of Florida; we have plenty of choices there now. How about Calif., Arizona, a mountain resort, etc.

JACK
group02.gif

I would really rather see a DVC resort on the west coast. Just one would be nice. Also, with a DVC resort in that location I can only imagine that management will try to make an exclusive deal with the BC that the only DVC members who will be allowed to use Stormalong Bay must be staying at the DVC Beach Club Resort. I really hope this doesn't happen.

According to the announcement:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Initial plans for Disney's Beach Club Villas call for the development of a 205-unit, free-standing four & five-story vacation ownership resort consisting of studio, one- and two-bedroom vacation villas adjacent to Disney's Beach Club Resort.[/quote]

I wonder what they'll do to prevent the 4th and 5th floor units from having a clear view of the backstage area behind Epcot's United Kingdom, Millennium Village, and Canada?

Are there enough tall trees in the area to form a visual barrier?

-----
Werner Weiss, Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractionss

I haven't looked at the aerial map yet but I had "heard" that it would be across the street from the Beach Club placing it sort of behind the Future World area of Epcot. In any case, I may miss out on adding on at BWV but I'll probably be ready to purchase early on at BC. (WL just doesn't grab me for a purchase though I'd love to stay there as well.) Hmmm...maybe the World of Resorts will be replaced by World of DVC. I do agree though that I would like to see more non-Disney or possibly Disneyland related DVC's but I have a feeling that is not the plan for the time being.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter