ALL NEW 2012 Internet Details While at WDW Resorts

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CanadianGuy, Jan 14, 2012.

1. WETWHISTLE

WETWHISTLE Mouseketeer

Oh good! I'll be at Pop for the 2nd half of my trip. So glad I don't have to spend $10/day for internet!!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. CDolacki2003

CDolacki2003 DIS Veteran

Oh I sure hope we have it in June at CB. :surfweb:

4. WalkingintheFog

WalkingintheFog DIS Veteran

Any idea if the Campgrounds will be getting it as well?

5. honeymooner2004

honeymooner2004 Mouseketeer

Leaving next Monday for a conference and will be staying at the Boardwalk Resort. Will be required to check into work for emails and such. Anyone know if the free wi-fi is up and running in the rooms at Boardwalk??

Thanks!!

6. rndmr2

rndmr2 DIS Veteran

7. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

I just wanted to report on the free wi-fi. I stayed at the Contemporary last week and the wi-fi was very spotty. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I just wanted to warn people that you may or may not be able to connect at any given point in time.

8. Jordansmominjax

Jordansmominjax Earning My Ears

We stayed at CB a couple of weeks ago and although it had free Wi Fi it was hit or miss. We logged in easily the first time but had issues ther after. We were using a I Pad. Hopefully Disney works the bugs out of the system.

9. WETWHISTLE

WETWHISTLE Mouseketeer

A few weeks ago I stayed at both the Polynesian and Pop Century. I didn't have issues with the internet connection at either place. It was nice not having to shell out $10 a day for internet access.

10. pinkerbell

pinkerbell FREE DDP 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10!!

Wo Hooo! going to pop next week so it looks like I will have free WiFi and a free fridge! Is the wifi near the pool and movie area as well or only in the rooms?

11. bookbunny

bookbunny Mouseketeer

:rotfl: That's goo news. We will be going there in September and hope they have the fridge and WiFi.

12. tinkerbell60

tinkerbell60 DIS Veteran

We were at AS Music over spring break - free WiFi, free fridge, AND they are upgrading the TV stations over the next several weeks too - more choices!

13. jimreb

jimreb Earning My Ears

I take it if it's not in the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds, it's not available in the cabins. Is that correct?

14. IndyNana

IndyNana Earning My Ears

Forgive me if this does not belong on this thread. But is there free WiFi in the parks?

15. disneymomma76

disneymomma76 .

We are staying 2-1/2 weeks in June at OKW and I too MUST have internet access. While the kiddos are napping in the afternoon I do the same things as you....check the weather, rearrange ADRs, lines, etc, etc. :)

16. CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy <font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and Moderator

The cabins were just finished according to this article in the Orlando Sentinel today..

17. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

Sorry, there's no wi-fi in the parks. Some people have found access in limited areas from time to time, but I suspect that's more a case of security on an internal network being temporarily disabled than any intentional effort to provide wi-fi for park guests.

18. Dismom55

Dismom55 DIS Veteran

This is all great news, fridge and Wi Fi at the values, always thought they should have a fridge. I finally came into the 21st century and bought a laptop and a kindle in the same year and can use them both on my next trip to WDW. Just pleases me no end that Disney is seeing the light and NOT charges us for every little thing. Looking forward to more good news.

19. cey

cey Disney Veteran

The WDW site is showing internet access as an extra cost for the little Mermaid rooms. Does anyone know if this is the case or will it be free? It is also showing Fridges for the room as "being available". Does that mean there will be an extra fee for those as well or are they going to be standard in this resort?

:thanks:

20. cybrkitn

cybrkitn We called it Bonko

I hope they work out the bugs before we go. I just booked CBR yesterday for 11/29-12/8/12. I like having the internet access to DIS, POGO and to keep tabs on our bank account. And sometimes, DH likes to get online to play Star Wars with a friend of his from work.

DH does have Hot Spot on his cell with Verizon so if we need to, we can use that, but I'd much rather use the WiFi.

21. Urugami

Urugami DISdad #690

We stayed at Caribbean Beach last week, and the WiFi was good in the rooms and at Old Port Royale, and fair to OK on the beach between Old Port Royale and Trinidad North.
    Couldn't get a signal on the island in the lake.

This was using a Galaxy Nexus, 2 Moto Droids, and a Nook Tablet. Didn't ever break out the laptop, so I don't know how that would have fared, but probably well.

Overall....:thumbsup2