Internet Details While at WDW Resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good! I'll be at Pop for the 2nd half of my trip. So glad I don't have to spend $10/day for internet!!!

Leaving next Monday for a conference and will be staying at the Boardwalk Resort. Will be required to check into work for emails and such. Anyone know if the free wi-fi is up and running in the rooms at Boardwalk??

Thanks!!

I just wanted to report on the free wi-fi. I stayed at the Contemporary last week and the wi-fi was very spotty. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I just wanted to warn people that you may or may not be able to connect at any given point in time.

We stayed at CB a couple of weeks ago and although it had free Wi Fi it was hit or miss. We logged in easily the first time but had issues ther after. We were using a I Pad. Hopefully Disney works the bugs out of the system.

A few weeks ago I stayed at both the Polynesian and Pop Century. I didn't have issues with the internet connection at either place. It was nice not having to shell out $10 a day for internet access.

Wo Hooo! going to pop next week so it looks like I will have free WiFi and a free fridge! Is the wifi near the pool and movie area as well or only in the rooms?

Yep! It's been confirmed over on the POP thread...so excited!! Fridge's (free),and Wifi (free, for now at least!!) in the same week, can't wait for October to get here now!

:rotfl: That's goo news. We will be going there in September and hope they have the fridge and WiFi.

We were at AS Music over spring break - free WiFi, free fridge, AND they are upgrading the TV stations over the next several weeks too - more choices!

I take it if it's not in the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds, it's not available in the cabins. Is that correct?

Forgive me if this does not belong on this thread. But is there free WiFi in the parks?

Have 3 lazy weeks booked for June in OKW and part of my lazy retreat is surfing the net. Live trip reports. Checking weather. Lines. Cancelling/making ADRs. So I look forward to the free wifi. But if its too much hassle we will take the room internet alternate days. Did last year and it worked out great. Have to keep up with happenings on other side of Atlantic when away :cool1:

We are staying 2-1/2 weeks in June at OKW and I too MUST have internet access. While the kiddos are napping in the afternoon I do the same things as you....check the weather, rearrange ADRs, lines, etc, etc. :)

Forgive me if this does not belong on this thread. But is there free WiFi in the parks?

Sorry, there's no wi-fi in the parks. Some people have found access in limited areas from time to time, but I suspect that's more a case of security on an internal network being temporarily disabled than any intentional effort to provide wi-fi for park guests.

This is all great news, fridge and Wi Fi at the values, always thought they should have a fridge. I finally came into the 21st century and bought a laptop and a kindle in the same year and can use them both on my next trip to WDW. Just pleases me no end that Disney is seeing the light and NOT charges us for every little thing. Looking forward to more good news.

The WDW site is showing internet access as an extra cost for the little Mermaid rooms. Does anyone know if this is the case or will it be free? It is also showing Fridges for the room as "being available". Does that mean there will be an extra fee for those as well or are they going to be standard in this resort?

:thanks:

We stayed at CB a couple of weeks ago and although it had free Wi Fi it was hit or miss. We logged in easily the first time but had issues ther after. We were using a I Pad. Hopefully Disney works the bugs out of the system.

I hope they work out the bugs before we go. I just booked CBR yesterday for 11/29-12/8/12. I like having the internet access to DIS, POGO and to keep tabs on our bank account. And sometimes, DH likes to get online to play Star Wars with a friend of his from work.

DH does have Hot Spot on his cell with Verizon so if we need to, we can use that, but I'd much rather use the WiFi.

We stayed at Caribbean Beach last week, and the WiFi was good in the rooms and at Old Port Royale, and fair to OK on the beach between Old Port Royale and Trinidad North.
Couldn't get a signal on the island in the lake.

This was using a Galaxy Nexus, 2 Moto Droids, and a Nook Tablet. Didn't ever break out the laptop, so I don't know how that would have fared, but probably well.

Overall....:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter