Internet Details While at WDW Resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using the free wi-fi now at POFQ! It is pretty good. It will go down every once in a while but if you disconnect and reconnect, it's good again!

This is wonderful news! I hated paying for wi-fi on top of the costs for the resort. Thank you for making my day (maybe my year?) better!
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Will be staying at AKL in 2 weeks anyone know for sure if free Wi Fi is available in the rooms yet? I need my laptop and Wi Fi for work while one vacation.

Do 15 inch laptops fit in the room safes?

Only some of the resorts that have the larger free standing safes--like newer Disney Vacation Club Villas like Kidani Village and Bay Lake Tower would have safes large enough to hold a 15" laptop.

This is a strange request, but I'm actually sensitive to Wi-Fi signals; they give me headaches and other issues. Any chance that we might be able to find a spot at Animal Kingdom Lodge where there IS NOT Wi-Fi? I know the rooms are probably all within range now but maybe out by the pools or somewhere quiet where I can have a break from it?

I don't think so. Loads of people have posted here on their ipads and such from the pools and other public areas of the resorts. Almost seems like the only places without wifi is the parks.

I don't remember having heard of wifi on the value resorts yet though, so maybe that's an option?

And there is wifi in the parks, it's a secured network, not available for guest use.

We just got back from 2 weeks at POR. The wifi in the room was less than steller, but it was better than none at all. Areas with good reception seemed to be really hit and miss. Along the wharf area I would get good reception outside the building near the check in area, but outside the food court often didn't work at all. On one side of the Alligator Bayou pool was good, the other side wasn't. Great reception near the pool bar, though. :)

Oh! And I almost forgot...
I found a great signal right as soon as you come out of Spaceship Earth in Epcot! While the kids played some games I sent off a few quick emails.

We stayed at Saratoga Springs Resort last week and they are all set with wi-fi. The cast member told me that they only have wi-fi now...Our signal in Congress Park was fine for the netbook but not for the iPod Touch. Reception was perfect in the lobby area and pretty strong in the Paddocks. It really is hit or miss with where the hotspots are located...

I would hope that Disney keeps the hard-wired Internet as well as WiFi in case the resort WiFi has issues as some have mentioned it does in some locations or times. If the hard-wired Internet is free too once they add free WiFi that would be even better but I would like the option of the hard connection for reliability.

What I've done in the past is to use my Apple Airport Express to convert the hard-wired connection into a local WiFi hot spot for our room which worked great.

Have 3 lazy weeks booked for June in OKW and part of my lazy retreat is surfing the net. Live trip reports. Checking weather. Lines. Cancelling/making ADRs. So I look forward to the free wifi. But if its too much hassle we will take the room internet alternate days. Did last year and it worked out great. Have to keep up with happenings on other side of Atlantic when away :cool1:

Does anyone know if they have wifi at pop or will have by July 2012

At this point, there is no WiFi at the value resorts and I do not know if there are plans to add it. :(

We were at WLV in Sept 2011. No wifi at that time. We are considering staying club level next visit but wifi was kind of a sticking point for me. I felt that internest access should be free at club level. So wifi makes me really happy

does anyone know if they are planning on adding wifi to all value resorts?...we are going the end of august and it sure would be nice!

Yes, I just read that too - and it looks like the other value resorts is getting the WiFi too - :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter