All Aboard to Saratoga Springs! LIVE!!

Sorry for the lack of updates! Been so busy :cool1: I am making it up to you with a SUPER long update!

Day 3 Continued:

Before we headed off to Akershus, I called the info line from the resort phone to get some transportation info. The question: "Could we catch a bus to Downtown Disney from the Transportation and Ticket Center." The idea was that we would head from Epcot to Downtown Disney. The answer was "Yes you can get a bus to Downtown Disney from the T&TC."

Dinner at Akershus was really good! The bread was REALLY good. Lots of food. Great deal too, since you get the photo and lots of face time with all the princesses for just a dining plan table-service credit.

4651_685173050693_14222419_39801344_4487362_n.jpg

After dinner we got on the monorail to the T&TC. We thought that this would be faster than getting a bus to SSR and then walking, or taking another bus at SSR to Downtown. This is where things got UGLY. Got there and couldn't find a bus stop for Downtown Disney. So we asked. Told we had to go to a resort and get a bus there. A bit miffed about that, we got on the monorail and head to the Poly to catch a bus there. We waited for the bus for about 20 minutes. Got on the bus and head to downtown.

We were headed to the house of blues, which is on the west side. You're supposed to get off at the Pleasure Island stop. So the bus makes it's 1st stop at the Market Place. It switched resorts from Poly to All Stars and picks up about 1,000 people all headed to the All Stars. The bus was packed full. We then start to head towards the Pleasure Island stop. The recording comes on and announces everything to do at PI and West Side. We then watch longingly at Downtown Disney as we blow past the bus stop and start heading towards the All Stars :scared1:.

So I had to muscle my way past the 1,000 people on the bus from the back to the driver to ask what was going on. He was shocked and thought that everyone got off at the Marketplace. He said he would drop everyone off and then take us straight to the Pleasure Island stop. We stopped at each of the All Stars and then headed back to Downtown Disney. We FINALLY got to the pleasure island stop. 2 and 1/2 hours AFTER we left Akershus :sad2:

Had a great time at the house of blues and stayed til they closed. Not having much faith in the bus system, I decided to walk back to the room from Downtown Disney.

Day 4:

What an AWESOME day! I woke up around 10:30 am. Slept in because of the late night at House of Blues. Earlier in the week, I decided to do the Epcot Seas Aqua Tour. Got to the tour at 12:30. W-O-W. This was AWESOME! Spent about the 1st half hour going over some basic trivia of the aquarium... For example, did you know that the Dolphins used to be a part of the general population and not segregated in the tank? They had to separate them because the dolphins would use the other inhabitants of the tank as toys. For example, they would throw the sting rays out of the water passing them back-and-forth like a Frisbee. :rotfl2:

Another 30 minutes to go over the safety video, do's and dont's, and the whole "if you die you agree to not sue Disney" disclaimer. Another 30 minutes to change in to the wet suits, get to the aquarium, and get the equipment on. This was a scuba-assisted-snorkel setup. Basically, a wetsuit, mask, fins, tanks. But instead of a weight-belt so you can go underwater, you get a life jacket to keep you at the surface. This lets you swim without Scuba certification. If you get Scuba certified, they give you the full scuba setup and let you go underwater.

Once we got all setup, we had about 45 minutes to swim around. Wow. Oh. Wow. All of the fish, rays, and turtles come right up to you. You can watch all the tank workers do their work. I got to wave at people on the other side of the glass. Overall: AWESOME!

After the swim, got showered, changed and then we got a photo of us in our wet suits, a t-shirt, and a special pin for doing the tour. The total cost of the tour, with the DVC discount, was $119. Worth every single penny.

Just a word of warning: You have to walk through the public areas of the aquarium. In your wetsuit. Your skin-tight wetsuit. Twice. :eek: It certainly made me a little self-conscious.

While I was swimming with the fishes, my travel partner decided to get himself a pedicure at the SSR spa. He said it was nice, but wasn't sure it was $50 worth of nice.

After the tour, I walked around Epcot: Got a counter-service burger, and enjoyed the big fountain. At about 6, I hopped on the bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge to meet up with my Travel Companion for dinner at Boma.

Boma: More W-O-W for today. This was my first time at Boma, and did some reading on it, but I wasn't prepared for how good this actually was. I didn't know what about 1/2 the things on the buffet were, but I tried most of them, and there was not ONE THING that wasn't absolutely delicious. My personal favorites were the coconut-curry salmon, the seafood stew, the rice and the mixed veggies. The whole meal was very colorful and very, VERY, VERY delicious. My new favorite restaurant at WDW, by far. For those who might be apprehensive about the unusual menu, please don't be. Everything was very mild, and nothing was intimidating to eat. Just very good food that is full of GOOD flavors you haven't tasted before.

After Boma, it was off to the Magic Kingdom. I got there just as Spectro ended. It was evening Magic Hours on a Friday. And it was PACKED. I haven't seen it so crowded for the fireworks before. Standing room only to watch the fireworks, but they were awesome!

4651_685292316683_14222419_39806031_5776615_n.jpg

Can you spot the hidden mickey? ::MickeyMo

After the fireworks, I sat and watched the castle changing colors for about 30 minutes, did Stich's Great Escape which was an odd show, walked around the shops for a bit, and then went to Buzz Lightyear.

Finally, back to the hotel and in to that whirlpool to nurse my poor aching feet. I was exhausted, but it was an EXCELLENT day!

Day 5:

Gay Day at the Magic Kingdom! We put on our red shirts and rainbow Mickey pins and we headed to Main Street. Thousands of red shirts create a "sea of red". There is no pride event quite like it. We did Winnie the Pooh, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Philharmagic, the River boat, and the Carrousel of Progress.

Then it was off to Epcot for dinner at the Nine Dragons restaurant in China. Excellent! And there was so much. I took some General Tso's home. After dinner, it was 8:00pm, so I just parked on a bench right in front of the World Showcase Lagoon for Illuminations. Good show!

After that, I went back to the room for some relaxing before bed. Gonna hit that whirlpool again. That thing is heaven :cloud9:.

Tomorrow: Down day. I will probably head to one of the water parks and float in the lazy river for 5 hours. Give my feet a rest.

Goodnight everyone!

HI!!!! WE LOVE SSR!!!! We stayed there last Oct using developer points. We were in Congress Park! LOVE it. I requested that we be in that section when we go in Jan.

You had a great day at DHS!!! YAY for TOT!! Best ride ever lol!

Have fun! Loving your live report.

OOOH love the fireworks picture!!! Aww and what a cute picture with Cinderella! I'm really thinking about trying Nine Dragons next trip! Is it better than your local chinese restaurant?

OOOH love the fireworks picture!!! Aww and what a cute picture with Cinderella! I'm really thinking about trying Nine Dragons next trip! Is it better than your local chinese restaurant?

Nine Dragons was definitely better than my local chinese place. Also, the price was very good. $40 for appetizer, soup, entree, and dessert. I definitely recommend it.

Nine Dragons was definitely better than my local chinese place. Also, the price was very good. $40 for appetizer, soup, entree, and dessert. I definitely recommend it.

Ok cool! We may try it!! thanks

Great picture!

Loved your report on the Seas Aqua Tour, we did it and just loved it. It's one tour that I would definitely do again.

I'm so glad that you did make it over to the House of Blues, it was definitely too long to get there.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Thanks for the report.:goodvibes

I am starting to get really excited for our first DVC stay at SSR. :yay:

Day 6:

3 Park Day!

Lazy old day! Today was Blizzard Beach! This was my first time at this park and I must say that it's certainly as good as Typhoon Lagoon. The crowds were certainly manageable. The only thing we really had to wait for was Summit Plummet and Slush Gusher. The chair lift was closed. Looks like they had someone working on it. We also did the snow stormers, Teamboat Springs, and topped off the day with a tube in Melt-Away Bay.

After Blizzard Beach, we headed back to the room and got ready for Dinner at Chefs de France. We got to Epcot and headed to France. Got there a little early, and they were able to seat us right away. The Lobster Bisque was REALLY good. Everything else was just okay/good. Definitely glad the meal was good, but won't go out of my way to make reservations there.

After dinner, I hopped the monorails to the Magic Kingdom. I thought tonight I would catch Spectro, since I only caught the very tail end of it earlier in the week. Turns out the fireworks were early tonight and no Spectro :(

I headed over to Big Thunder and rode that with little wait. The fireworks ended just as I got off Big Thunder, so I headed over to the Haunted Mansion since that is usually a walk-on. Had to wait about 5 minutes.

After the Haunted Mansion I headed over to Tomorrow Land and did the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. I ended up being "that guy" they kept showing up on the screen. That about made my night. They give you a little sticker for it and everything. I'll scan it when I get home.

When I got to the bus I got recognized by two separate families as "that guy". I was famous!

Day 7:

Another 3 park day!

Hollywood Studios! We slept in today. All this relaxing and vacationing is certainly tiring! We headed to Hollywood Studios and got there about noon. First thing is we headed and grabbed fast passes for Rockin Roller Coaster. Return time: 4:30. We ate. I didn't care too much for the counter-service at Hollywood Studios. After we ate, we rode standby on Rockin Roller Coaster. Then we did Indiana Jones Stunt Show. The wait for Tower of Terror was only about 20 minutes, so we did it. Twice. Then it was about time for our fast passes for Rockin Roller Coaster and we did that.

The day was pretty hot, so we headed back to the room for a shower and to cool off. Then we headed to Epcot for dinner in Italy. I ordered the Lasagna, and it was good. Again, like france, the food was good, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go there again.

After Dinner, I HAD to hop the monorail to the Magic Kingdom so I could catch Spectro during my trip. They had two showings tonight. I saw the first one, then headed over to the laugh floor again...always fun :-D. Then found a spot for the second showing of Spectro. Spectro is absolutely my favorite parade at WDW. Such mesmerizing lights, excellent music, and it's at night (no hot sun beating down on you!). Watching all the lights with Cinderella's Castle as the backdrop is magic to me.

After the 2nd Spectro, it was time to end my last night at the Magic Kingdom. Tonight is our last night, so I headed back to the room and packed up. Our train doesn't leave until 7pm. So our car picks us up at 5. We are going to wake up around 9, check out, and head over to Disney Quest.

I will post an update on DQ, the train ride back, some more pictures, and some final thoughts!

HAHA I love when they pivk that guy in monsters inc laugh floor!!!!! That's so cool you were picked!!

What a great trip you had! First of all - getting to be "that guy"! What fun.
Boma is my absolute favorite restaurant anywhere :love: So glad you enjoyed it!
I will have to look for that mickey in wishes - never seen that before!
And getting to go in the living seas for a swim - wow! I am scuba certified, so I might have to do that sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter