• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alcohol stop on the way to Port?

DutchsMommy

DIS Veteran
Is it true that you cannot buy alcohol before noon on Sunday?? We are going from the Poly to the Port around 10am on Sunday to catch our Wonder cruise and I was hoping to pick up a few bottles of wine. Will this not be possible?

I know you can't buy beer berfore noon on sunday. I was wondering what we should do to. My husband will want some beer since he is on vacation and it is so expensive to buy it on the ship. I don't know if there is anything near the hotel that we are staying at the night before to buy beer or not. Has anyone bought beer in nassua? Is it expensive? Where do you buy it?

There are numerous liquor stores in Nassau. We were concerned when we looked at the map Disney gave us and there were no liquor stores listed on the map. Walk up and down that main street and go in and out and price for yourself. I bought my boss at work a bottle of rum from Haiti I believe and he said it was the best he had ever had. The prices for liquor are really very cheap. I did not notice if they sell cold beer in these stores. Also, the coolers in the rooms would not keep them very cold. However, your room steward will always bring buckets of ice to your room and keep your beverages cold for you that way. We stayed in Cocoa the night before our cruise. Sunday morning we went to the local Publix and brought 4 bottles of wine to take on board with us. We bought them before noon. Carried them on board in our day bag. Only negative thing is that we were charged a $15 fee every night at dinner when we brought our own wine with us. Enjoy!!!!

if you open the bottle of wine yourself do you still have to pay the $15 fee

The laws for alcohol sales are different in each city in FL. You will have to check and see what they are in PC. Ours just changed and it is 11:00 on Sunday. If you can get ice to set it in for awhile...it won't matter if it is warm to begin with. Does anyone know if Disney allows you to take all alcohol back on the ship from Nassau? What about opened?

Yes, you still do have to pay the $15 fee even if you open the bottle of wine in your stateroom and bring it to dinner with you. We requested wine glasses, a cork screw and an ice bucket iin our room, thinking that if we brought it opened we would not be charged but that is not the case. One evening I did bring a glass of wine with me to dinner to finish a bottle that was opened in the room and that is the only time I was not charged. Another night our assistant server did not charge us the fee and then the following night she said"Oh, I forgot to charge you the fee for the bottle of wine last night, I'll put it on the charge tonight." They really want you to purchase the wine packages that they offer on the ship.

DH went to a liquor store near the port and purchased a bottle of rum, 12 pack of beer and 2 bottles of wine. The owner of Budget Rent A Car put it all into a sturdy box and taped it up for us. And the baggage guy at the port put our room # on it and it was there when we got to the room :) Our refrigerator kept our wine and beer nice and cool. It didn't even occur to me to take a bottle of wine to the restaurants. We had our wine in our room/verandah. We bought our drinks while dining. I had 1 glass of wine with dinner each night. Doesn't seem to make much sense to take your own bottle to the dining room and pay an extra $15 to drink it there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter