Alaska - Time for Mendenhall Glacier?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by topsy, Jun 11, 2013.

1. topsy

topsy Mouseketeer

If the All Aboard time at Juneau is 4.30pm, does this mean we have until then to get back to the ship? I've heard somewhere that you have to be back an hour before?

I ask because our Juneau excursion drops us at Mendenhall Glacier at 2.00pm. We want to spend some time there before getting a taxi back to the ship. I'm thinking if we leave the glacier visitor centre no later than 3.30pm, we should be back to the ship by 4.00pm.

Does this sound realistic? If not, I would rather switch to the earlier excursion than worry about missing the ship!

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. travellingwithnikki

travellingwithnikki I've visited every Disney Park in the world!

There were still lines of people waiting to board the ship just before 4.30 last week so I wouldn't worry. The blue MGT Glacier Express bus leaves Mendenhall for Juneau every hour on the hour if there are no taxis available.

Where the bus drops off in Juneau there are Disney-chartered buses to take you back to the ship which will be on the AJ Dock - the furthest away - and there is no charge for DCL passengers on these buses and they were still dropping people off at the ship at 4.30.

4. MikeAndNick

MikeAndNick If you can dream it, you can do it.

The question is how well do you swim? If anything happens you will be swimming trying to catch up with the ship.:rolleyes1

5. travellingwithnikki

travellingwithnikki I've visited every Disney Park in the world!

Hopefully this photo will explain things better! Have a great time in Juneau - we were so incredibly lucky with the weather last week :)

[​IMG]

6. topsy

topsy Mouseketeer

Wow you really were lucky with the weather!

Thanks for the feedback everyone.