Alaska on the Disney Wonder

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by travellingwithnikki, Jun 18, 2013.

1. lilmissy7789

lilmissy7789 Earning My Ears

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. travellingwithnikki

travellingwithnikki I've visited every Disney Park in the world!

Fantastic news - you will have a wonderful day!

4. mattykin

mattykin Mouseketeer

Thank you for a fantastic trip report. We just booked Alaska june 2015....I am so excited for it, we are pretty used to poor weather as we are just south in Washington State :) Thanks again great information and beautiful pictures!

5. She Taz

She Taz Counting Down the Days Till I Cruise Again

Thank you for putting together a wonderful trip report. I never thought about renting a car in Skagway but now I think it's the only way to go.

6. mommy2allyandaveri

mommy2allyandaveri <font color=0066CC>Disney or otherwise. Sucks<br><

Really enjoying your report! Did you feel much movement on this cruise? When we booked on board the booking agent said we would feel the movement more on the Alaskan than the Caribbean because the water is colder. This seemed odd to me. You waters looked pretty smooth, but I'm only on day 2.

7. AZMermaid

AZMermaid DIS Veteran

Not the OP, but we felt some movement at night- like the closet doors would slide open and shut. This was my first cruise, so I am not sure if that is normal, but I didn't notice it during the day, just when sleeping a few times. We eventually stuck towels in the door to keep it from sliding.

8. travellingwithnikki

travellingwithnikki I've visited every Disney Park in the world!

The only time we felt movement was on the second night which wasn't helped by how fast we were sailing to make up time after we stopped to offload someone to the coastguard.

You are never really out in open sea on the cruise so it stays calm most of the time.