Alaska Cruisers need your opinion on returning flight times

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by bellesister, Mar 4, 2013.

1. bellesister

bellesister Mouseketeer

We are sailing the Wonder to Alaska on June 24. I was just informed that our flight time home was changed from 12:45pm To 11:30am. Isn't that cutting it close? Can someone give me a typical disembarktion timeline? Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

I think 11:30 would be fine BUT I would take my own bags off the ship rather than having DCL do it for you, and I would pre-arrange private transportation to get me there - you could take a chance with getting a cab if you are a small party, but for my family of four with all our stuff, I would've arranged private transportation so I had a car waiting to take us. You need to allow about 1/2 hour from leaving the port parking area to the airport - and once at the airport, you need time to check in, go through security and go through customs (these are separate).

Save yourself some time and fill out all your custom forms before you even get off the ship (we did ours the night before) because if you don't have your form filled out, they won't let you in the customs line. They also have something about you can't get there too early for a flight or they make you wait in a holding area / lounge - I can't remember the window but someone else could probably tell you.

We had a later flight (after noon) but had to do a connectio - which meant we got back to ATL at 3 a.m. after we had a storm delay in Dallas. Blech. If we'd been able to get the 10:30 flight, it would have been direct. But we did air through DCL so that's why they put us that way - in hindsight, we should've checked flight schedules and considered that - we would have stayed over an extra night to have the direct flight - would have been worth it.

4. bellesister

bellesister Mouseketeer

Thanks! Great info! Provided all the above are done,what time were you off the ship? Who provided your airport transportation?

5. CruznLexi

CruznLexi DIS Veteran

My mom's flight was changed to 1130 so she will be bringing her bags with self debarkation.

6. speakupjc

speakupjc DIS Veteran

Disney stated to me that they do not advise taking any flight before noon. They will accept responsiblity unless you do adhere to their suggestion.

7. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

It's fine. Take your bags off the ship with you, though. We just took a taxi from the port to the airport and were there much earlier than we expected. :)