Alaska 2015 ???

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by DVC Mary, Jun 22, 2013.

1. DVC Mary

DVC Mary <font color="#FF6666">I must have missed the lobst

Does anyone know if DCL is going to Alaska in 2015?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KristiMc

KristiMc DIS Veteran

I hope so - that is my plan.

4. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Only DCL.

5. DVC Mary

DVC Mary <font color="#FF6666">I must have missed the lobst

I was hoping there would be someone out there who knew how to look up port schedules. I've seen people who knew how to look up the port schedule on some website.

6. PrincessShmoo

Well, I have this one:

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/

But it doesn't really show anything past 2014.

I had another, but when I clicked on it, I just got a bunch of gibberish sort of indicating that it's a no good site now. :(

7. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ It could end up curdled

DCL has postponed the Wonder's fall 2014 major refurb because that would make the ship too long to fit through the existing locks on the Panama Canal. The main reason for the Wonder to sail westward through the Canal in spring of 2015 would be to sail to Alaska, since the Mexican Riviera cruises are no longer profitable, so DCL no longer offers them.

So, I would assume the Wonder will be cruising Alaska in 2015. Otherwise they'd just go ahead and do the major refurb after the 2014 summer season and keep the Wonder on the east coast permanently, or at least until the next larger locks on the Canal will be finished (who knows when that will be!) Of course, even published DCL itineraries/schedules are subject to change.

8. PrincessShmoo

9. MillauFr

MillauFr Buzz & Woody

Based on what the cruise director told me that the Alaska cruises were some of the most profitable for Disney I would guess that they would sail there in 2015. Also they already have enough ships in the Caribbean to meet demand. If they added another ship they would just have to cut prices to fill it.

10. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

My DH 'specializes' in port calendar investigation. Alaska is tight and port calendars aren't released until much closer.

I agree with a PP; it's pretty certain they are going in 2015 or the Wonder would be off line for a re-do like the Magic.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards