Alamo 'Full Size' Car examples?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by tinkerbell181, Dec 4, 2012.

1. tinkerbell181

tinkerbell181 Mouseketeer

Hi! Just rented a full size from alamo for next week. We are going to be 4 adults and one toddler. Anyways, we went with the full size as the SUV's and up were such a jump in cost.
    I am just wondering what types of vehicles people have been getting recently in the full-size option. I have read Impala, any others? And this will be our first time renting at MCO, and I am seeing people mention that they got to pick from an 'aisle' of cars. How many cars does this usually encompass - 3? 20? I am worried that if there are lots too choose from it might take my husband forever and ever to choose and he will think it is the greatest thing in the world.
    So excited, our trip is just around the corner :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sisaaliyah

sisaaliyah Mouseketeer

Yep there's a full size aisle to choose from, probably 20 give or take. We were there Thanksgiving, and ended up with a Nissan Altima. There was one mini van in the aisle, but someone else had just taken it. The manager commented to my DH that they usually don't have mini vans in the full size aisle. We saw someone leaving a VW jetta too from the full size aisle. My other pick in the aisle was the Mazda 6.

4. mrebuck

mrebuck Mouseketeer

We rented a full size from Alamo a week ago - we chose a VW Passat. Loved the car!

5. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

Almost all were Impalas (of various colours) when we rented from Alamo in August. I honestly can't remember what the select few other options were....I was still hunched over my barf bag at that point :sick: ....but I know my husband was making a joke about the fact that we had black, white or gold to pick from (as opposed to a selection of different car types).

We liked the roominess of the Impala, though. Good for transporting all our luggage :thumbsup2 .

6. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

Last time we rented from Alamo there were a few minivans plus 1 Ford Edge in the full size row. We grabbed the Edge. We always arrive at MCO early (usually between 9-10 am). I certainly wouldn't count on bigger cars being there but it does happen.

7. BigTigger

BigTigger DIS Veteran

Impala's, Altima's, Passat's, and one lone Jetta Wagon were in fullsize this past week. They just got a whole bunch of brand new Passat's at Alamo/National/Enterprise at MCO. I'd say you have a 50/50 between a Passat and an Impala. The Passat can easily handle 5 bigger people and their luggage.

8. SmallWorld71

SmallWorld71 DIS Veteran

When I rented one from the Ft. Myers, FL airport Alamo in the spring, almost all the cars in the full size row were Chevy Impalas.

9. jessic2422

jessic2422 Mouseketeer

Do you think a full size would accommodate 3 large suitcases, 3 adults, 1 toddler in a car seat and a city mini stroller?

10. M&MGirl1

M&MGirl1 Mouseketeer

EVERY time I have rented a full size from Alamo at MCO we've gotten a Chevy Impala. They have HUGE trunks. We fit 2 huge suitcases, 2 carry on size bags in the trunk and there was loads of room to spare. You should easily be able to get the suitcases and stroller in the trunk, and there's loads of room in the back seat, so the adult in back shouldn't be squished at all.

11. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

I own a Pontiac Grand Prix it's the same size as an Impala and what you suggest will be no problem.

12. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

When I arrived in Orlando on December 1st around noon, the majority of full size vehicles were Nissan Altimas. A little boring, but efficient and the trunk was huge. :thumbsup2

13. SmallWorld71

SmallWorld71 DIS Veteran

I agree that you should be fine with full sized. In the back of the Impala we had 3 medium sized suitcases and a huge cooler and there was still plenty of room in there for more stuff.

14. Muhlenberg

Muhlenberg <font color=blue>Clues! We want clues! <br><font c

We picked up an Impala on the 8th. They had LOTS of minivans....and were practically BEGGING people to take a minivan! Nope...not for us (old folks).

15. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

That's an upgrade. So it may be there, but may not.

National/Alamo tend to have the following as "full size"

1. Malibu.. (LOTS OF THESE)
    2. Impala (good amount of these)
    3. Corrolla (yes folks LOL!)
    4. JW Jettas

16. NC State

NC State DIS Veteran

We rented a full size car in Sept '11, we got an Kia SUV.

17. Donna M

Donna M DIS Veteran

Their website classifies the Corolla as a mid-sized. We have a full-sized car reserved for April. I own a Corolla and won't accept that as a full-sized car. I'd be happy to take a mini van even though I have lots mileage on me!

18. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

Not having rented a car in a lot of years I can't see these four cars all being in the same category. Logically Corolla and Jetta are about the same size, Malibu a bit larger, then Impala.

I would NEVER accept a Corolla or Jetta as full size.

19. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

Sorry I meant to say Camry. Got my Toyotas confused LOL!

(And the new Camry is just a sad car IMHO reminds me more of a Corolla which is why I got confused I think)

I did some digging. Other options

Hyundia Sonata
    VW Passat MAY be a full size. Classification seems to vary based on "features" Stripped it's a full size, with the cool features it's a level up

20. goofyfigment

goofyfigment DIS Veteran

At the end of September we got a Dodge avenger off the full size lot

21. shoes99

shoes99 DIS Veteran

WE just returned Friday and had a weekly rental from National at the car care center. We reserved a mid-size and they gave us a choice of a VW Passat (full size) or a Nissan Altima. We took the Passat for gas mileage as we had to put on 200 miles on this trip. Nice drive and the receipt says it was a full size.