Alamo compacts

minster22

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
Has anyone rented from Alamo recently and gotten a compact? If so....what kind of car was it? Did it have power windows? Remote key entry? I rented form Dollar in May and got a Caliber that had rollup windows (even my old 1995 Honda had power windows!!)and no remote key lock/entry. Sometimes I am by myself outside the WDW property grocery shopping etc and like the safety of unlocking the car as I walk to it and even in the self park BWV lot (that is another story) late at night alone.

We rented a compact from Alamo at MCO this past September. The only car available - and we had to wait about 15 minutes for this one to be brought around as they were out of compacts - was a Ford Focus. It was a nice little car with both power windows and remote entry. We were happy with it.

I rented a compact last week from Alamo and we got a KIA Rio. It had a remote door opener. The economy cars at alamo do not have remote entry.

We now have a Nissan Versa from Alamo (with remote entry). We passed on a Kia Rio as it had damage (also with remote entry).

Thanks for the replies....I will feel more comfortable booking a compact now!!

We had a compact from Alamo at MCO in October and it was a Chevy Cobalt. It had power windows and remote entry. It also had only 5 miles on it when we got it... sweet!

We had a compact from Alamo at MCO in October and it was a Chevy Cobalt. It had power windows and remote entry. It also had only 5 miles on it when we got it... sweet!

That's what I got last year also, it was great! I'm hoping to get the same car tomorrow when I arrive, or a Nissan Versa (although my boyfriend is not interested in driving one of those around :rotfl:)!

I am using Alamo for the first time in a couple of weeks. Just placed my info in to use the kiosk. I'm using a coupon code, so I guess I can't check-in online.:confused3 The kiosk will do! I'm coming on Fri morning, so I'm hoping for a relatively hassle-free experience.

I've rented a compact, so I guess I will have crank windows? :confused3Wow, didn't even know they were made anymore! On my confirmation, it says Nissan Versa. From the above, it sounds pretty good!

Anyone have any problems at the Orlando airport location? Closest gas station?

Any word on leniency on returns?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter