Alabama vs Louisville Labor Day Weekend 2018 In Orlando

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
The College Football Kickoff fever is finally coming to Orlando in 2016 and the 2018 match-up will be the Alabama Crimson Tide versus the Louisville Cardinals on 9/1/2018.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13353093/alabama-crimson-tide-play-louisville-cardinals-2018-season-opener-Orlando

This is a game I plan to attend. I've had season tickets to Alabama for 27 years and qualify for tickets to these neutral site locations that are split 50-50 (don't have enough Tide Pride points for road games though) and have been to all the games Bama has played in Atlanta in the Chick Filet Classic (3 or 4). Don't want to go to Texas for the games at Arlington. But I would go to Orlando, stay at the Fort, and attend a game at the Citrus Bowl.

Traditionally I've stayed away from the Fort during the hot summer months of June-July-August but I could get a Full site maybe in loop 1600 which is pretty shady and be okay. But who knows how much sites will cost by then? I better start saving and counting my money...

When I was at the Fort Thanksgiving 2009, Bama men's basketball was playing over at Disney's Wide World of Sports in the Old Spice Tournament and we went over to watch them beat Baylor which was fun.

Now I'm off to calculate 500 days back from 9/1/18 so I can get a reservation on the books as soon as possible....

Tiggerdad, SouthAlabama5er, any other Bama fans, who else is up for a Bama Blast at the Fort?

Bama Ed

PS - I think I will leave a pair of Tickets at the Citrus Bowl Will Call window for Scupper and the Missus (ala Jerry Glanville and Elvis).

PPS - while it's nice to have something to look forward to, first thing is to find out who our starting QB is going to be for THIS season.

Last edited:
Bama Ed,

While the weather is hot, both trips I have had to the fort for Labor Day (2014 and 2015), I have managed to get a premium site with a discount!

We may have to plan a trip... Go Cards!

Mike, Cardinal fans would certainly be welcome. The more the merrier!

Bama Ed,

While the weather is hot, both trips I have had to the fort for Labor Day (2014 and 2015), I have managed to get a premium site with a discount!

Kris, a discount? What's that? :confused3

And as far as the heat goes, I think I would live at the pool at this time of year. Although I would have to hide from the sun periodically. :umbrella:

At least a guy can dream about possibly a cool weekend .... :cold: (at least by Florida standards).

Bama Ed

PS - I did check the calendar calculator and we're still 627 days from the 500 day mark.

If I can score some tickets...but can't take the kids out of school so it would be a solo trip for me. Hey Ed, your wife and kids going?

I'll split the site and we can use my truck and your camper...

If I can score some tickets...but can't take the kids out of school so it would be a solo trip for me. Hey Ed, your wife and kids going?

I'll split the site and we can use my truck and your camper...

tiggerdad, me and mrs. bama_ed are just spit ballin' at this point. My last kid (my daughter) will be in college at that point so me and the missus will be empty nesters. It might be just the two of us.

:dogdance::worship::dancer::cool1::jumping1:party::dance3:

(Now I know why my dad had a tear in his eye when I went off to college. I was the oldest/first to go but he saw his future...)

I'm happy to say that DD has stated that if her high school band trip this year is not to the Orlando area (Disney/Universal) in the spring, she will forego wherever it is (she went with them last year to march in NYC in the St Patricks Day Parade so how can you top the Big Apple?) and wants a spring break trip to Wally World instead.

I looked at her in all seriousness and said, "well dear, if that's what you want...." :bounce::jumping3::Pinkbounc:woohoo:

So it looks like I will be at the Fort next spring - just don't know when. Their spring break is the week starting with Easter Sunday (2nd most expensive time at the Fort after Christmas-New Years) but for my baby girl I will suck it up and give her what she wants.

:rotfl2::lmao:

Bama Ed

PS - but seriously, it looks like 2016 is firming up, 2018 (this game on Labor Day) might firm up, guess I need to take that long desired vacation to Canada in 2017....

PPS - who else is out there, Cardinal or Crimson Tide fans? At this point it's just fun to talk "what if?".

Last edited:
I'm not a Cardinal's fan, but I do live in Louisville. (We've lived here for the past 7 years, but it still doesn't feel like home)

Bama Ed, Tiggerdad, Y'all book the site, I'll bring the accommodations, :rotfl2:I can sleep 20 folks comfortably

PPS - who else is out there, Cardinal or Crimson Tide fans? At this point it's just fun to talk "what if?".

1) Not a huge fan of either.
2) YOU KNOW that I am a Big-10 guy.
3) So, I think I would just take the points and play the spread.
4) But, if you are at The Fort, maybe we could meet again for a brewski or two.
5) Strictly in the spirit of interconference unity (don't ya know?).

SouthAlabama5er you may be onto something.

Scupper hopefully I'll see you in October

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter