AKV JAMBO 3rd/4th floor-GOOD POOL/GARDEN VIEWS?

Gmouse

It's a small world after all!
We've stayed in Jambo house- 5th floor. LOVED the view of the pool/gardens. How are the pool/garden views from the 3rd and 4th floors?? Just about to do my online check in and wanted to request either the 5th, 4th or 3rd overlooking Uzima pool. Didn't care for the Savannah view we had last time. Animals were rarely out for 11 days. Would rather look at the gardens :) Just don't want to be stuck with a big ol' tree in front of us by being on a lower floor

I am wondering the same thing... our last trip we were blocked by a big tree and our pool view was a trunk view. I am going to do my online check in today too. :thumbsup2

I am wondering the same thing... our last trip we were blocked by a big tree and our pool view was a trunk view. I am going to do my online check in today too. :thumbsup2

:( not good....what was your room # so I make sure we don't get that one!! :laughing:

LOL I don't remember. I should add that I upgraded to the pool view room when we arrived. It was an accessible King room (we would have rather had 2 queens). I am hoping that the only reason we got it is because someone else complained about the view. :rotfl: This time around I will definitely say something if I am not satisfied. It was definitely on the 3rd floor. Have a wonderful trip! I just love AKL

LOL I don't remember. I should add that I upgraded to the pool view room when we arrived. It was an accessible King room (we would have rather had 2 queens). I am hoping that the only reason we got it is because someone else complained about the view. :rotfl: This time around I will definitely say something if I am not satisfied. It was definitely on the 3rd floor. Have a wonderful trip! I just love AKL

I had no idea they even had king beds! We NEED that...2 "healthy" people PLUS a 3 yr old....in a queen does not allow for the most comfy sleep :crowded: We're booked for a pool view, I just don't want to be miles from everything and still be looking at a wall or fence! 3rd floor would be convenient...don't know about noise level in the halls.... we never hear a peep in any of the rooms we've had.
Yes- we LOVE AK!! and you do the same!

I had no idea they even had king beds! We NEED that...2 "healthy" people PLUS a 3 yr old....in a queen does not allow for the most comfy sleep :crowded: We're booked for a pool view, I just don't want to be miles from everything and still be looking at a wall or fence! 3rd floor would be convenient...don't know about noise level in the halls.... we never hear a peep in any of the rooms we've had.
Yes- we LOVE AK!! and you do the same!

If you get a king room, it is one knig bed, not two. I dont think that would be better for you unless your 3 yo sleeps in a pack 'n play?

If you get a king room, it is one knig bed, not two. I dont think that would be better for you unless your 3 yo sleeps in a pack 'n play?

I was saying a king would be better than the queen (with all 3 of us in it) we normally have ;) She's too big for a pack n play- tall girl for her age. I don't know if she will sleep on a sleeper sofa with her brother or not.... we'll see :)

We were upgraded to pool view from a standard view, AKL 2006. Our room was 4th floor Zebra trail and had a huge tree partially blocking our view. My DS room was two doors down and had no blocking of her view at all. I am not sure if you can ask for an unobstructed view when booking your reservation. I really enjoyed the pool view, especially at night. AKL pool is lovely at night.

I requested the highest floor possible (I assume they look at your room category) and on Zebra trail. OP, no matter what pool room you get they are all fairly centrally located to Mara, the pool, etc...

At Jambo House, the fifth and sixth floors are DVC villas. The other floors are standard hotel rooms.

We stayed on in a pool room view this past summer on the 3rd floor. It was great! I don't recall our specific room number, so I can't be of any help there. Sorry! It was a short distance from the main lobby. We could also go a short distance the opposite direction and go down a flight of stairs to a door leading just out to the pool and to Mara. The view we had was of a lot of foliage to the right and then clear on the left. We could see the pool but still felt we had some privacy with the foliage. Someone inquired about noise on the fourth floor. It was very quiet. I was surprised that we didn't hear a lot of noise from the pool area at night with the pool parties and games they played, but we didn't. We only heard a small amount of noise one evening outside in the hallway once later into the night on our nine night trip. The rest of the time it was very quiet. I wouldn't hesitate to stay on the third floor again.

At Jambo House, the fifth and sixth floors are DVC villas. The other floors are standard hotel rooms.

Welp...that puts us on the 5th or 6th then! We are staying in a studio....thanks for that info!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter