AKLV vs BWV

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
I'm trying to put together a girls only trip for July '08...will need to book it when we get back from Florida in August. So, here's the group..myself, my dd, 14, dd, 32. I own at BWV and love it there, it's my very favorite spot to be in the whole world...literally. But, this will be my 32 y/o dd's first ever trip to WDW (can you imagine!!) and she absolutely adores giraffes, so I thought that maybe a stay at AKLV might be a nice thing...you know, the whole giraffes wandering around outside your villa type thing. And I have always wanted to stay at AKL, and even more so, at the villas now. But, I just can't seem to make the choice here.
So, I'm coming to you guys....I had thought of booking BWV for the first 5 nights, then move to AKV for Thursday night/Fri then leave from there. But, I'm not sure it's worth the aggravation of moving the two girls.
Those of you who have stayed at both resorts (perhaps not villas at AKL, but just AKL) will I miss the access to Epcot and MGM? I'm not sure my oldest dd is going to want to be in the park as much as younger dd and I do, she seems to like the idea of drinks by the pool!!!
What do you all think?

I like both AKL and BWV and now own at both, although obviously haven't stayed at AKV yet.

If your daughter loves giraffes and plans to spend more time at the hotel, I'd choose AKV for this trip if you have the 11 month advantage for booking there. I'm not sure that you do though based on your comment that you own at BWV.

I would try a split stay, but at least 2 nights at AKV!
Bobbi:goodvibes

I like both AKL and BWV and now own at both, although obviously haven't stayed at AKV yet.

If your daughter loves giraffes and plans to spend more time at the hotel, I'd choose AKV for this trip if you have the 11 month advantage for booking there. I'm not sure that you do though based on your comment that you own at BWV.
You're absolutely correct....no 11 month window for me at AKV....
I would try a split stay, but at least 2 nights at AKV!
Bobbi:goodvibes
That's kinda what I was thinking of doing, for at least one night...we can just relax at the resort for our last night/day. Dd said she hates moving but I think this might be a good surprise for her.

Sounds like you have to make the full reservation at BWV at your 11 month window and then at 7 months, try to switch whatever days you'd like to AKV. You have while to wait before the AKV window opens for you. By then you might know more about it and whether your daughter really would love a stay there.

Sounds like you have to make the full reservation at BWV at your 11 month window and then at 7 months, try to switch whatever days you'd like to AKV. You have while to wait before the AKV window opens for you. By then you might know more about it and whether your daughter really would love a stay there.

Haven't stayed at either yet but will this October!:cool1: We previously owned DVC at VWL, BVC & Vero Beach, but had to sell those contract a few years ago.:sad1: Just bought back in with a VWL contract AND the new AKV contract, Yeah!!:woohoo:

Like Inkmahm said you could book BWV for the full vacation time at the 11 month window and then try to switch over to the days you want for AKV at the 7 month window or you could rent from an AKV owner and have full advantage of the 11 month window. There are several different view choices at AKV, value, standard, savannah, concierge. It sounds like you might want a guaranteed savannah view if you choose to stay a few days at AKV.

I sent you a PM with a little more info so this post doesn't get too long.

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter