AKLV Concierge vs Savannah View

njtinkmom

Mouseketeer
I just booked a 2 bedroom at Jambo rather than Kidani, due to proximity to restaurants. I was all set to wait list a concierge room when the service rep told me there is no guarantee of a savannah view. Well the only reason I am going to AKL is for the savannah view for my kids. I thought the concierge would be cool and also I could go on the tour. But I am not willing to risk a not so great view. Any help??:confused3

As far as I know, that is true. I think ther are only 3 concierge 2br with a savannah view, and one is a HA rom with no whirpool tub, just a roll-in shower. The other 2 concierge rooms are pool view which may have animals in the extreme distance. Because Concierge is on the 6th floor, you see the roofs of the 5th floor (rest of AKV Jambo is 5 flors) before you see the savannah. Concierge is a lot more about the service than views.

Based on your description, you would be disapointed with a concierge room (you might try to stay the 1st or last night only, just to book the AM safari. I think they let you do the am safari on the morning of your check-in even if your room is not ready until 4pm)

AKV Concierge rooms don't have the greatest views, pool or savanna.

Savanna view rooms don't guarantee great views either, just the possibility of a animal view.

Last month we stayed at Concierge and Kidani Savanna. The savanna was a view if the back side of the pool and a corner of a savanna.

AKV Concierge rooms don't have the greatest views, pool or savanna.

Savanna view rooms don't guarantee great views either, just the possibility of a animal view.

Last month we stayed at Concierge and Kidani Savanna. The savanna was a view if the back side of the pool and a corner of a savanna.

Hey it sounds like you had my room at Kidani. I had a perfect view of the poor man who has to sit at the pool to talk about the savannah although no one ever came to talk to him the whole time I was there. I could see some wildebeasts if I craned my neck all the way to the right! It was disappointing!:confused3

Hey it sounds like you had my room at Kidani. I had a perfect view of the poor man who has to sit at the pool to talk about the savannah although no one ever came to talk to him the whole time I was there. I could see some wildebeasts if I craned my neck all the way to the right! It was disappointing!:confused3

Same view. We complained to the Front Desk, the CM said that they he was sorry and that Guests complain about that view all the time. He said that it was DVC's fault for the bad room category. I contacted DVC and they said that the resort assigns the category. :confused3

I really get upset with the marginal room categories that are sometimes made. DVC is aware of the issue but they say that upper management is responsible.

:) Bill

I get that requests are requests, but room view categories they really need to stop being so, I dunno what the word is I'm looking for. If it's a SV, it should be a good, full SV. Same with certain resort 'water views', or heck probably even MK views at some places. I too would be not very happy to pay for a SV, and only get a SG (glimpse :) )

If you want to experience concierge and do a tour, like a pp said, just add a concierge night or two at the beginning or end of your trip. That's what we are doing in October. I have a concierge studio booked for a Saturday night. This allows us to do the Sunrise Safari the next day. Then we are moving into a Kidani 2 BR Savanna View for the next 6 nights. I'm like you--It's all about the savanna!!! The concierge studio the first night is only 24 points compared to the 55 points the 2 BR would cost us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter