AKL's Victoria Falls Lounge

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by I Run Long, Aug 23, 2007.

1. I Run Long

I Run Long DIS Veteran

We'll be at AKL in 10 short days, although it feels like 10 years to me. Can anyone tell me whether I can take my kids into the lounge? I know that at the end of the day I would like to be able to go in for a drink but if I can't take my kids with me, I'm out.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TommyTutone

TommyTutone Mouseketeer

If it is the one on the way down to the restaurants (I don't know its name), then you can, and in fact the whole lounge is very open air. We brought our son with us to it while we waited to be called for dinner.

4. AmyBWV99

AmyBWV99 It's a s'winter s'wonderland; you can freeze while

Same here. Try the Xingu beer and the dessert sampler.

5. I Run Long

I Run Long DIS Veteran

That's great to hear!:thumbsup2 The beer sounds great, I'm definitely up for that. The kids can have a pop while I have my thirst seriously quenched.

6. flipflop

flipflop <font color=blue>Mommy is changing her name<br><fo

They have a great specialty drink menu too.:) You can also get a nice drink at the pool bar while your kids dry off. Not that I pay more attention to drinks than my kids or anything.

7. AmyBWV99

AmyBWV99 It's a s'winter s'wonderland; you can freeze while

I just checked the menu - apparently the dessert sampler is off. Try the fruit and cheese tray - that's a good choice, too!

8. lttlmc3

lttlmc3 <font color=darkorchid>You can ship it. I'll still

I loved this lounge, it's very nice and open and you can people watch while you are there. I saw kids there when I was there, but none of them sat at the actual bar (I can't imagine they would be allowed to).

9. raven69david

raven69david I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

Yes you can take them up. Very open-air bar that overlooks Boma. It's a nice & cozy little place situated between the lobby floor & Boma.