Akl??

MAC3

I'll be quiet now!
Ok have decided to try for AKL for T-day 2012.....

Is it better to try for Jambo House? Or Kidani Village.....any informantion on AKL will be helpful....trying to choose between Concierge or a savannah view...

Thanks Lisa

Is it better to try for Jambo House? Or Kidani Village.....any informantion on AKL will be helpful....trying to choose between Concierge or a savannah view...

kidani is much larger. if you are booking a 1BR or larger, kidani villas have an extra bathroom.

jambo is where the quick service restaurant is (and 2 of the table service ones).

there are only 5 concierge lockoffs in jambo house. better call first thing in the morning at 11 months out if you want one - they can be tough to get.

Concierge is only at Jambo. Other than that they really are different resorts and you should do some homework to help you decide. Jambo has more food and is larger, Kidani has a more homey feel and is smaller.

It all depends on what you are looking for.

:earsboy: Bill

Ok have decided to try for AKL for T-day 2012.....

Thanks Lisa

well, unless you are an owner at AKL then chances of you getting concierge are low. Savannah view is a great view. I love being able to watch the animals from the room. I love Jambo house better. I love being next to the food and the large entrance. Kidani rooms are beautiful too and they do have the room over there with activities and stuff.

I would go for the Savannah view. We did the Concierge once and it was loud because they are at the top of the main building and the noise from the lobby starts early in the morning.

I was just there this weekend and had a savannah view and loved it and it was wonderful to sit on the balcony in the AM and have coffee.

We just stayed at kidani in September. A 3 bedroom it was so nice & roomy we really liked the unit. Drawback like OP said the food court is at Jambo & it is a huge Resort. I don't think I'll ever stay at Kidani again:eek:. We have stayed twice at Jambo in DVC & had great savannah views. Love Jambo so much better. We are DVC members & will be staying at Concierge club level September 2012.

good luck to you

well, unless you are an owner at AKL then chances of you getting concierge are low. Savannah view is a great view.

Thanks for the heads-up! I am not an AKL owner, I am booking VWL @ 11 months with the hopes of getting AKL for T-day at 7 months. My family will stay there for the weekend then will transfer to SSR for the next week.

I cannot thank all of you enough for the imput, I was leaning toward Jambo originally, then switched to Kidani today when I saw the pool area......

I am almost tempted to head back to Jambo, just for the closeness factor although I am really into the homey feel....argh...well going to poll the family and see how they feel..

Thanks again folks!

"Which is better-Kidani or Jambo?" seems to be a common question, with different people having different answers. On one hand, Jambo has Mara right there, with that yummy butternut squash soup and the zebra domes. At Kidani, however, I felt more "comfortable", more at home, since the whole resort is DVC. I know that's because when Jambo first added the DVC floor, I was talking to a couple who obviously didn't know I was DVC. They loved AKL, and were complaining about how just lately, they'd been having trouble booking the resort "Ever since they let all those DVCers in." I guess that comment kind of stuck with me and so I have a bit of an "outsider" feeling at Jambo. But the lure of that butternut squash soup is irresistable to me, so I stay at Jambo, but keep my mouth shut!

It is a hard decision. We went back and forth for our late April trip. We ended up at Jambo but I am seriously thinking of switching to Kidani. I love the whole homey feel at Kidani plus the calmness of the resort. My only dislike of Kidani is the loooong hallways. We ended up at Jambo because my DH wants to keep trying for concierge. Less movement of luggage.

I am an akl owner i like kidani more. I do not have kids yet (hopefully next year lol) But i like kidani better. I hate crowds . Jambo always seemed to be very very busy.

I also thought that the walk from kidani to jambo is exagerated on these boards. we do it every day for lunch and dont mind the walk. I also like where the fireplace in the savanah is at kidani vs jambo house.

IF you dont mind a little bit of a walk then kidani might be better if your not a crowds person.

PS If you want you can do the reverse of everybody else and ask for a room at kidani thats closer to jambo. You will be farther from the buses but a closer walk to jambo.

Decided on Kidani...and just leaving it up to fate where we end up in the bldg....after we will be fortunate to just get in so... Thanks again everyone

we were at Kidani in September 3 bedroom unit. We were the very last room towards Jambo.It took for ever to get to the room. One hubby was walking around & found a short cut to take. Part way down the hall was an eleveter if you take it to last floor it takes you closer to Jambo. It was a short walk. We took the same eleveter down to catch the bus.

Have great trip

I am an AKL owner and hoping to book a concierge level room soon. Does the Club House give you enough food to not make the Disney Dinning plan not worth the cost?:love::love:

I am an AKL owner and hoping to book a concierge level room soon. Does the Club House give you enough food to not make the Disney Dinning plan not worth the cost?:love::love:

If you eat like a bird. :goodvibes

There really isn't much food, it's more like a tasting plus you need to be there when the food is first set out, sometimes there is a line of people waiting.

It has been a while since we stayed AKV Concierge Level so this info may be out of date. For breakfast: cereal, fruit, bagels, pastries, juice and coffee. In the middle of the day: lemonade, soda, cookies, potato chips and gummy bears. In the evening: a limited amount of hot appetizers, cheese, beer, wine and a limited amount of small desserts. Other than breakfast it's not really intended to be a meal, just snacks. The food is set out at specific times and I've read here many times that they often run out early, especially with the appetizers and desserts.

We enjoyed the breakfast, appreciated the cold lemonade and cookies if we happened to come back to the room in the middle of the afternoon, and really appreciated the appetizers, wine and desserts on the day we had a big lunch late in the day and skipped dinner because we were too full for a meal.

I have a question and this seems like a great place to ask it...

Can you book either Kidani or Jambo and be guaranteed to get it or is it just a request? :confused3

TIA

I have a question and this seems like a great place to ask it...

Can you book either Kidani or Jambo and be guaranteed to get it or is it just a request? :confused3

TIA

They are a guaranteed booking and you need to tell MS which resort you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter