AKL - Villas question (cups to take down to pool?)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by SongoftheSouth, Sep 17, 2012.

1. SongoftheSouth

SongoftheSouth Newbie

Aug 15, 2012
    We're headed to the AKL Jambo villas next month. We're ordering some groceries from Garden Grocer, including some beverages. My question is - Are there plastic cups provided in the villas that one can take down to the pool area or should I bring some from home?

Also - is this allowed? I'd love to enjoy a beer or cocktail beyond just our sitting area and balcony.
  2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. spiceycat

spiceycat dvc-blt,vwl,bwv

Oct 26, 2000
    don't think the plastic is allowed near the animals at all.

if you order a beer or cocktail at the pool bar - it is allowed.
  4. Princess on the Run

Princess on the Run Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Aug 18, 2012
    If you have the refillable resort mugs, we brought those to the pool at Kidani. It's definitely allowed because the QS/bar there has a refill spot where you can refill your mugs. I'm sure there's no reason you can't bring your own in those mugs. And they have lids, so no spilling issues. ;) I would assume Jambo is the same as Kidani.
  5. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Mar 20, 2000
    No non-glass drinking vessels provided in the villas. Just glass or ceramic (coffee mugs). You'll need to provide your own.
  6. FantasiaMagic

FantasiaMagic DIS Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    I second on this. I just stayed at Kidani this past August. Kidani has a QS bar w/ refill station. You could put other drinks that you have bought in the mugs...or maybe if you have another tye of non plastic drink holder???
  7. woodkins

woodkins DIS Veteran

Feb 6, 2009
    A great tip we did for our last resort only stay at the BC villas was that I went to the dollar store and bought a couple of travel mugs/tumblers. We used these at the pool for beer, drinks, cocktails etc. and tossed them at the end of the trip. Kept our drinks cool and cost almost the same as a sleeve of solo cups.