Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
First deluxe stay this August at AKL, so excited! It will be a surprise for my mom :) Booked in a pool view room, what online check-in requests should I check for the best room location possible?

I'd put, close to lobby and/ or elevators.... We had pool view that was in the ideal spot ( DVC though ) but on Giraffe trail 1st pod & was so close to everything.

I can't figure out why touring plans only shows queen beds for standard view rooms. The website says it can be standard or bunk beds. I want a bunk bed room with a people pen view and can't figure out what requests to make.

Also, I'm wondering if you can grab a drink or glass of wine from somewhere in the hotel (maybe Victoria Falls?) to take with you to see animals from the hotel viewing areas? We're staying AKL in a standard view room so I'm trying to figure out the alternative ways to see the animals while relaxing on our trip since we won't be seeing them from out room. Although even with a standard room I'm one excited person, Animal Kingdom Lodge here we come!!

You sure can!

I can't figure out why touring plans only shows queen beds for standard view rooms. The website says it can be standard or bunk beds. I want a bunk bed room with a people pen view and can't figure out what requests to make.

I have found the room finder function at Touring Plans to be extremely inaccurate.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I figured the AKL thread folks would get a kick out of this: I had dream the other night that we went to check-in to our room at AKL and they put us in a pool view. This would have been great at any other non-Disney hotel, but we had paid for a savanna view, darnit! I threw hissy fit at the front desk folks and they sent me to a CL room, again pool view. When we got to the room, it was dirty (linens thrown off the bed, garbage on the floor) and the pool was absolutely packed with people. Not only that, but instead of a regular bed, it was two twin sized beds pushed together. What a nightmare! LOL

We will be staying in a CL room for our upcoming trip.

As much as I hate to do it, I think that we will have to do laundry while we are there. Will I be able to hang out in the lounge while it's underway or will it be a big walk from the room to the laundry to the lounge and back again?

I know about the website that shows the availability of the machines but does anyone have any tips on better times then others to do laundry. I'm thinking early in the morning like 6:00 would work the best for me since I'm usually up but my kids aren't early riser.

Thanks!

As much as I hate to do it, I think that we will have to do laundry while we are there. Will I be able to hang out in the lounge while it's underway or will it be a big walk from the room to the laundry to the lounge and back again?

I know about the website that shows the availability of the machines but does anyone have any tips on better times then others to do laundry. I'm thinking early in the morning like 6:00 would work the best for me since I'm usually up but my kids aren't early riser.

Thanks!
That would probably be a very good time to do this IMHO.

Here at AKL now. Just got out of the pool. It rained for quite awhile this morning while we were at DHS. The weather has been strange this trip to say the least. It has not been hot and really humid like it usually is when we come around this time. We got out of the pool because we were chilly. I have seen people walking around in light jackets and pants. I have NEVER seen that and I always come in late July, early August. Going down later to hang out at Victoria Falls Lounge for some adult beverages. This resort has spoiled us :D. I think we may stay deluxe from now on.

This resort has spoiled us :D. I think we may stay deluxe from now on.

This is what I'm "afraid" of...I've never had the opportunity to stay in a deluxe resort, but this trip I am splurging to treat my mom. I am very nervous we won't want to stay at a value again, haha! I can't wait to sit by the pool enjoying a nice drink, or sitting out on the balcony :)

Our TA booked us a standard view and then requested bunk bed. When we did online check in, I selected Kudu trail. We got a bunk bed room and a great view of animals. It was a long walk to the room, but we didn't mind.

Our TA booked us a standard view and then requested bunk bed. When we did online check in, I selected Kudu trail. We got a bunk bed room and a great view of animals. It was a long walk to the room, but we didn't mind.

Thank you so much! I had no idea what to request to get what I wanted.

Anyone have any AKL Christmas pics? I'm thinking about changing our stay at POFQ to AKL from Dec 18-22.

Eek thank you! Just edited it. We're booked as a Club Level AKL room rented under DVC points - I don't know if that affects the options?
I'm a DVC member who owns at AKV if you are staying with rented points you'll be on the 6th floor which are adjacent to the CL lounge. There are only a total of 10 rooms. 5 studios and 5 1BR. You'll have a pool view, roof view or partial savanna view. I've been told it's luck of the draw depending on configuration. I love CL access so enjoy!

Thanks!
We were there 2 weeks ago. I ended up doing laundry 2x and it was a bit of a walk. We were in rooms 4215 and 4213. I did it by the pool one time and hung out with the kids and I did it on the 2nd floor and joined my family in the lounge for breakfast another time. We walked so many miles everyday that the hike to the laundry room didn't even bother me. Enjoy your visit. We had a fantastic time. The CL staff were just excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter