Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me out here :)
We are staying at csr so we don't have the option of selecting a specific room at all or anything like that.
But I was told they have a general viewing area to see animals, is that correct?
How much is there to really see/do?
Ie would it be worth it to make the trek with 6 kids over on a day we are relaxing more
Is there a time of day that's better then others if so?
Tia

We will be there 9/27-10/2 with that same grin :D

October

punkin413, Sep 26th – 3rd, AKL

stitchfan75, Sep 26th – 3rd, AKL

cuppie, Sep 26th – 3rd, AKL

lelesansan, Sep 27th – 2nd, AKL

beckykarstetter, Sep 30th – 3rd, AKL

dolphiongirl47, 1st – 5th, ASM

CatManDoo, 1st – 7th, Jambo House

I’mfarfaraway, 6th – 14th, Jambo House

dizneegirl71, 17th – 24th, Kidani

LJSquishy, 21st – 30th, AKL

RachelTori, 25th – 28th BC

PNO4TE, 25th – 30th, BLT

Wellesleyprincess, 28th – 31st, AKL

RachelTori, 28th – Nov 4th, CSR-Business Class

Nascargirl0829, 31st – Nov 6th, AKL

Sarahbelle341, 31st – Nov 7th, AKL

Can someone help me out here :)
We are staying at csr so we don't have the option of selecting a specific room at all or anything like that.
But I was told they have a general viewing area to see animals, is that correct?
How much is there to really see/do?
Ie would it be worth it to make the trek with 6 kids over on a day we are relaxing more
Is there a time of day that's better then others if so?
Tia

Sorry nobody replied to your post, so I'll take a shot at it.

If you go to this website and click on Activities, it will give you the monthly activity schedule at the resort: http://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/resort-hotels/faq/animal-kingdom-lodge/

If you are at Jambo house, you go through the lobby and straight out the back. There is an area where you can hang out and watch the animals. There's a fire pit out there. There is another viewing area near the pool.

Same thing at Kidani. Go through the lobby and straight out the back. There is an area where you can hang out and watch the animals. There's a fire pit out there. There is another viewing area near the pool.

There are places where they have rocking chairs where you can relax, but I think there are only about three chairs per area. Not enough for your group.

As to whether it would be worth it for your group, I guess it would depend on how much the kids like animals. My nieces hated Animal Kingdom park, so I wouldn't have taken them over to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Other people have kids who love animals.

It's completely hit or miss in terms of where the animals are hanging out at any given time. However, each savanna does have "barn time," meaning a few hour time span each morning where the animals go into the barn to get checked out. It means that there probably will not be any animals on that savanna at that time. When I asked in 2014, I was told that the schedule for barn time was as follows:

- Pembe Savanna (Kidani Village, near the pool): called in at 5:30 am

- Uzima Savanna (Jambo House, near the pool): called in at 6:30 am

- Sunset Savanna (between Jambo and Kidani): called in at 8:30 am

- Arusha Savanna (Jambo): called in at 9:30 am. The animals have a long walk to get to the barn, so there is a parade of animals when this savanna is called in.

Last edited:
Animal Kingdom Lodge has a neat playground depending on the ages of your kids. It also has quite a few cultural type activities for kids and some coloring sheet type things. It really depends on your kids and what they like to do if its worth the trip out there for your group.

This is a bit of an odd question. We stayed at AKL in July of 2014 and 2013. Both times we were bothered by small biting flies at the pool that I didn't notice anywhere else. Last year I had to cover myself with towels when sitting by the pool to keep them off. Has anyone else noticed this? I am wondering if this is a Florida/July thing, or if it something that is worse at AKL due to the proximity of animals and birds to the pool? I love everything about AKL except for this one issue.

After doing multiple searches, I've ended up even more confused then before I started :crazy2:
Question.. Booking two nights at AKL with no park days scheduled, just hanging out at the pool and enjoying the total AKL experience as much as possible. Would like to stay as close to the lobby and pool as possible. After checking on Disneys website, and going to availability for "Disneys Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo House" I see that a "Deluxe studio standard view/pool-water" and Deluxe Studio- Savanna view" are listed. Can anyone please give some clarification on the location of these Deluxe studio villa rooms? Are all the Deluxe studios in the main building where the lobby is located or if I book a studio villa, could we end up in one of the long wing buildings? Location is more important than the view so if a deluxe studio villa gets us in the main Jambo house building close to the lobby, then I'll book that. I'm just confused by the differences between the listings on the Disney website for the AK Villas-Jambo House versus the regular AKL rooms listed and where each are located. If anyone can recommend which would put us close to the lobby I'd really appreciate it.
. :thanks:

Last edited:
Just popping in to say that we came home Thursday from our first stay at AKL, and we absolutely loved almost everything about the resort!

We we sprinkled with some pixie dust, as I booked a standard room, and we ended up with a wonderful view of the Arusha Savanna. Every morning I would get up and see what animals were roaming past the room, it was awesome! The pool was gorgeous as well. Our only complaint was that we really didn't care much for The Mara, the quick service restaurant, we felt that their offerings were limited, and a lot of it was food we didn't care for.

I plan on writing up a trip review when I get a little time, but just wanted to post a quick note. I'm afraid AKL might have spoiled me for future stays!

After doing multiple searches, I've ended up even more confused then before I started :crazy2:
Question.. Booking two nights at AKL with no park days scheduled, just hanging out at the pool and enjoying the total AKL experience as much as possible. Would like to stay as close to the lobby and pool as possible. After checking on Disneys website, and going to availability for "Disneys Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo House" I see that a "Deluxe studio standard view/pool-water" and Deluxe Studio- Savanna view" are listed. Can anyone please give some clarification on the location of these Deluxe studio villa rooms? Are all the Deluxe studios in the main building where the lobby is located or if I book a studio villa, could we end up in one of the long wing buildings? Location is more important than the view so if a deluxe studio villa gets us in the main Jambo house building close to the lobby, then I'll book that. I'm just confused by the differences between the listings on the Disney website for the AK Villas-Jambo House versus the regular AKL rooms listed and where each are located. If anyone can recommend which would put us close to the lobby I'd really appreciate it.
. :thanks:

I'm confused. Do you want a studio, or do you want a regular hotel room?

If you want a studio, I assume you want to be in Jambo House and not Kidani Village.

Jambo House is just one building, whether you are in a DVC studio or a regular hotel room. There is no "main building" verus "wing buildings" in Jambo House.

The studios in Jambo House are on the 5th floor. The floors below that have hotel rooms (non-DVC rooms). Here's a map of the 5th floor:
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

You can request a particular trail, or a particular location. That doesn't mean you'll get it.

We are staying in Jambo house, are we allowed to take the girls 6 and 4 over to try the splash pad at Kidani. I know there is no pool hopping, but is this considered if the resorts are connected? We were at WL last year during the construction and they were so excited to have a splash pad this year and we did not get free dining there, I thought a half an hour there would solve their disappointment.

We are staying in Jambo house, are we allowed to take the girls 6 and 4 over to try the splash pad at Kidani. I know there is no pool hopping, but is this considered if the resorts are connected? We were at WL last year during the construction and they were so excited to have a splash pad this year and we did not get free dining there, I thought a half an hour there would solve their disappointment.

yes, people go back and forth. There is a van you can take, or you can walk, or you can take a bus (Downtown Disney to go from Jambo to Kidani, any other bus to go from Kidani back to Jambo).

So in general pool view rooms are either in zebra or giraffe trail. Right? And for proximity to the Mara and the pool Zebra Trail is better? Are there pool view rooms you can see any of the animals from?

yes, people go back and forth. There is a van you can take, or you can walk, or you can take a bus (Downtown Disney to go from Jambo to Kidani, any other bus to go from Kidani back to Jambo).
Thank you! So the DD bus stops at Jambo first unlike the other buses? Thanks!

So in general pool view rooms are either in zebra or giraffe trail. Right? And for proximity to the Mara and the pool Zebra Trail is better? Are there pool view rooms you can see any of the animals from?

Our pool view room was in the Zebra trail, the location was great. We couldn't see any animals from our balcony, just a great view of the pool!

This is a bit of an odd question. We stayed at AKL in July of 2014 and 2013. Both times we were bothered by small biting flies at the pool that I didn't notice anywhere else. Last year I had to cover myself with towels when sitting by the pool to keep them off. Has anyone else noticed this? I am wondering if this is a Florida/July thing, or if it something that is worse at AKL due to the proximity of animals and birds to the pool? I love everything about AKL except for this one issue.

I asked this same question when we stayed last December. We did not have a problem with them in the past but my daughter spent a good amount of time watching flamingos near the pool. She kept feeling bites but couldn't see anything. She was covered in small red dots the next day. Someone replied that they are called no-see-ums. We just got back from AKV and didn't have a problem this time. I don't think they are unique to AK. I read that they are in tropical areas and the article specifically mentions Florida.

I asked this same question when we stayed last December. We did not have a problem with them in the past but my daughter spent a good amount of time watching flamingos near the pool. She kept feeling bites but couldn't see anything. She was covered in small red dots the next day. Someone replied that they are called no-see-ums. We just got back from AKV and didn't have a problem this time. I don't think they are unique to AK. I read that they are in tropical areas and the article specifically mentions Florida.

I think they're all over, I was bitten by no-see-ums when I stayed at the Dolphin. They're so tiny, but one bit me on the lip and that little sucker hurt LOL.

Hey quick question... at about 3 minutes into this overview video of AKL, there's this little water feature. I can't really tell from the vid, but I'm just wondering if this is like a little waterfall or stream of something. I love Disney's water features.

(I'll be there September 3!)

Ok, back from my trip and I managed to get a couple nights at AKL in a standard room but was able to get my request for Kudu Trail in one of the rooms that has a lesser view of the animals discussed earlier. Had a great visit and loved it there. Even saw a giraffe, zebras, and a bunch of other animals from my balcony.
I'm hoping to go back soon, and am thinking about renting dvc points and staying in a studio. If I do that will I automatically be in Kidani Village, or are some of the dvc studios in Jambo house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter