• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to pop in and say we booked our first Disney trip at AKL-Kidani! :cheer2: We rented DVC points for a standard view, two bedroom....in January! :faint: The wait is slowly killing me XD
What kind of room requests are we able to make? I've been trying to search boards or get some sort of list to get an idea of what to ask for. I've heard you can make room requests before online check in and during? Is there a difference? I know close to lobby or pool are some requests but looking for personal experiences on what parts of Kidani you all love :)

Just wanted to pop in and say we booked our first Disney trip at AKL-Kidani! :cheer2: We rented DVC points for a standard view, two bedroom....in January! :faint: The wait is slowly killing me XD
What kind of room requests are we able to make? I've been trying to search boards or get some sort of list to get an idea of what to ask for. I've heard you can make room requests before online check in and during? Is there a difference? I know close to lobby or pool are some requests but looking for personal experiences on what parts of Kidani you all love :)

For a "standard view" at Kidani the choices will really be things like near lobby, near pool, near transportation, high floor........ One word of advice: if you make requests now, then you make requests during online check-in, whatever your earlier requests were will be gone. In other words, online requests wipe out any requests already on file. You can do online check-in without making requests -- then whatever you had previously requested is still active. HTHs!

So I found this thread and want to stay here. I don't even know where to begin. I am hoping to stay here in December and will probably book a standard room. There is usually a room discount that will hopefully come out during that time. This coming September the whole family will be going, hopefully with the free dining but we are staying value or moderate. In December I will be going solo again so I can actually afford this resort, lol.

I see with the current room discount that the standard villa is almost cheap as the standard rooms?

Add us to the list! We will be staying at AKL for the first time November 6th-11th. DS6 will be turning 7 on arrival day! We've booked a standard room. Would love a Savannah room but I'm just happy with what we have - the birthday boy LOVES animals and will be in heaven while at this hotel.

This is just our second trip as a family. We stayed at CBR last April and are looking forward to our next trip. We've had DLR annual passes to hold us over until this trip.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions regarding rooms a little later on! Can't wait to experience all that is AKL!

Relieved to see giraffes are available at all 3. My mom's favorite animals are giraffes and zebras. Now to also hope we get the view with the zebras as well.

Relieved to see giraffes are available at all 3. My mom's favorite animals are giraffes and zebras. Now to also hope we get the view with the zebras as well.
The good news is that @ least as of January 2015, Arusha, Uzima and Sunset savannas all had zebras. Be aware that the animals move around on the savannas (the zebras especially, it seems to me) so be sure to check from your balcony at different times of day/evening/night.

The good news is that @ least as of January 2015, Arusha, Uzima and Sunset savannas all had zebras. Be aware that the animals move around on the savannas (the zebras especially, it seems to me) so be sure to check from your balcony at different times of day/evening/night.

Thank you! We do plan on it. :) and that's good about the zebras. We're all so excited.

First post! We frequent Disneyland, but will be taking our first family trip to Disney World in June. We will be there for 2 weeks with a split stays between Universal, POR and AKL with the majority of those days at POR (6/13-20). Our AKL stay is 6/20-22 in two savanna view rooms because we are family of 5. We have to extend our trip a day due to the the flight home.

Should we do three nights at AKL with a standard room or keep the two nights with the view? Kids are 17, 15 and 10.

Also, does anyone know where the joint rooms are located in AKL? (I read all 65 pages for information but I might have missed it.) Thanks in advance!

We'll be staying at AKV for the first time next month. We have stayed at AKL before but never at villas. Is the walk over to Jambo House pretty short? We have dinner at Boma our first night.

Getting this room was a pain, lots of tears and calls to Disney but in the end, it's all worth it. My mom will be here in a few hours and the fact that she'll get to see this, is totally worth it.
10404352_610317195772234_6373652540927035132_n.jpg

First post! We frequent Disneyland, but will be taking our first family trip to Disney World in June. We will be there for 2 weeks with a split stays between Universal, POR and AKL with the majority of those days at POR (6/13-20). Our AKL stay is 6/20-22 in two savanna view rooms because we are family of 5. We have to extend our trip a day due to the the flight home.

Should we do three nights at AKL with a standard room or keep the two nights with the view? Kids are 17, 15 and 10.

Also, does anyone know where the joint rooms are located in AKL? (I read all 65 pages for information but I might have missed it.) Thanks in advance!

Um, what do you mean by "the joint rooms?"

Sorry for not being clear. The CM said we will have connected rooms. Do all the rooms have that extra door or are there certain rooms in AKL that do?

Sorry for not being clear. The CM said we will have connected rooms. Do all the rooms have that extra door or are there certain rooms in AKL that do?

Just certain rooms. Just so you know, there is no way to book connecting rooms. Connecting rooms in only a request. They will do everything they can to grant that request, but it still is just a request.

i am so excited I'm constantly spinning on the edge of my seat that we are almost there. Rented a DVC Studio Kidani Savannah view for next week and am hoping I can get my room request.

If we check-in early enough, do I have a good chance of getting a 2nd floor Sunset view?
Never visited Kidani before, only have stayed Jambo house years back.

Just certain rooms. Just so you know, there is no way to book connecting rooms. Connecting rooms in only a request. They will do everything they can to grant that request, but it still is just a request.

Yep. The one time we requested connecting rooms, we were booked at AKL. At the time, I didn't realize it was truly a request because when I booked the room, I was told it was guaranteed since the number of kids outnumbered the adults. So I was less than pleased when the rooms were not connected. We've rented points at Kidani village the last two trips and had a 1 BR suite and it worked out fabulously for us. I know not everyone is comfortable renting points, but we've not had a single problem.

....oh, you will definitely get to see zebras.....in fact, I remember seeing them when we dined at Sanaa,,,,

I saw this question asked but not answered. If you book a standard view room, some of them have 1 queen and 1 bunk but it's not guaranteed I'm assuming. It looks like we can get a guaranteed bunk room by getting a pool view but that's $70/more per night for our dates and we're not looking to upgrade the view unless we have to.
My kids would be miserable in the same bed, so we're really only looking at AKL if we can get a bunk. Anyone have experience with requesting the bunk room with a standard view and getting it? Or not getting it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter