AKL transportation???

Pats Dragon

DIS Veteran
How is the transportation at AKL since the new section has opened? Is there one bus that stops at both stops?

The bus goes to Kidani first, then heads back to Jambo house. They both have their regular stops for different parks/areas. There are multiple buses that run to both resorts, with the first stop at Kidani followed by Jambo house.

Last October was our first trip with Kidani being open. We are DVC members but have stayed at AKL. On two occasions the bus was danged near full from AKV when it pulled into AKL. We got on the bus but some people had to stay behind for the next bus. I THINK these buses were were on days were got to the park at regular 0900 openings. We try to go to which ever park has morning EMH but in October WDW does not have as many morning EMH's as we would like. And NO 0700 rope drops! :scared1::confused3:lmao: We LOVE early EMH days. :thumbsup2

Our next trip we will stay at AKV partly because of the buses but also because we want to try AKV.

I would still stay at AKL though. It is our favorite resort. I would not let the slight bus issue stop us from staying there. One day we might go to other resorts but they would be either GF, back to CR or one of the EPCOT DVC resorts. Poly and WL sound really nice but I just don't have a reason to stay there.

I would be curious to see how the buses are doing at a peak time like Spring Break.

Later,
Dan

We got back on Thursday from AKL. Bus service for the most part was good. All buses except the Downtown Disney bus go to Kidani Village first. The Downtown Disney bus goes to Jambo House first than to Kidani Village. We stayed at Jambo House and never had a problem getting on any of the buses. They were not full coming from Kidani Village. Not sure if this was because of the time we were leaving or not. We usually tried to get to whatever park we are going to a half hour before opening. Of course this means we usaully got there at opening. A couple of times we had a little bit of of wait but this was typically because we had just mised the bus we wanted. Overall the bus transportation was better than I expected it to be considering it was spring break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter