AKL standard view room

brajfamily

Mousketeer
We are going to disney in April and are currently booked at CBR but I really want to stay at AKL. As much as we would LOVE a savannah view, we cannot justify the cost for the limited time we would be in the room. So, has anyone ever stayed there and stayed in a standard room view that has an opinion on the room views? thanks!

I have only stayed in the savannah view but for about $20- $40 more than a standard view, you can stay at AKL in a Pool view room. I hear those views are good.

We always stay in a Pool View Room and I'm pretty sure that it is only $10 more a night. The view can be stunning...be sure to check out the Resort Photo Thread. :thumbsup2

We were upgraded to a Savannah View room on our Dec 07 stay. During our stay there our then 5 year old DS noticed the balconies facing the driveway where you check-in, valet , etc and complained that our balcony didn't see anything cool like that.

We were upgraded to a Savannah View room on our Dec 07 stay. During our stay there our then 5 year old DS noticed the balconies facing the driveway where you check-in, valet , etc and complained that our balcony didn't see anything cool like that.

:lmao: I guess you didn't see very many animals?

A Pool View Room is only $5-$10 more a night than a Standard View.
We stayed in one in January and our view was gorgeous. Our room number was 4430 (it's a King Bed Room, so I wouldn't request it unless you only had 3 people) and this was our view:

SANY0692.JPG

We saw the usual assortment of animals, even feeding right in front of us, but DS is all boy and to him seeing shuttle busses, towncars and all kinds of trucks and cars come and go constantly would've pleased him more.

Have you checked to see if any Standard rooms were available for your
dates? I had to book a Pool View for next OCT. 2010 because no Standard
Views were available for our dates.

We booked a pool view!!! Thanks for all the info. Are the pool views in the Jambo village only? Is Kidani only DVC or is there a chance we could end up there too? We don't really have a preference as we have never stayed there, just curious. Thanks!!

To answer your question, yes we have stayed in a standard view as well as SV. I would not hesitate to stay in a standard view room again. I agree that you can save the extra money by doing so. AKL has many places to view the animals. We always spend time at whatever resort we are staying at. But we spend very little time in our room or villa other then eating or sleeping. AKL or Villas are both very beautiful and relaxing.

You'll enjoy your stay in a standard view room, IMO.

We booked a pool view!!! Thanks for all the info. Are the pool views in the Jambo village only? Is Kidani only DVC or is there a chance we could end up there too? We don't really have a preference as we have never stayed there, just curious. Thanks!!

Kidani does have rooms with Pool Views, but if you did not specifically book a "Villa" you will be at the Jambo House. Since Kidani Village is a DVC property, there are not any standard hotel rooms. Not to worry, Jambo is fantastic and has the easier access to QS restaurant the Mara and TS restaurant Boma. Plus the lobby is amazing! Have a magical time!

When I stayed in a standard room @ AKL, it was SO awful and everyone agreed if we returned we would book the pool or savannah view. Not one of our 9 person party liked the standard room as it was directly above the area they would load and unload the luggage. Every morning around 6:30 am, we were woken up by the beep beep beeping of trucks backing up and then you would hear the crashing of the luggage. It was awful. :sad2: Every time luggage from the ME arrived, we would hear this horrendous sound. Forget about ever sleeping in, taking a nap during the day or going to bed early ever.

When I stayed in a standard room @ AKL, it was SO awful and everyone agreed if we returned we would book the pool or savannah view. Not one of our 9 person party liked the standard room as it was directly above the area they would load and unload the luggage. Every morning around 6:30 am, we were woken up by the beep beep beeping of trucks backing up and then you would hear the crashing of the luggage. It was awful. :sad2: Every time luggage from the ME arrived, we would hear this horrendous sound. Forget about ever sleeping in, taking a nap during the day or going to bed early ever.

What part of AKL was you room in, were staying in a standard room when we go in Feb 2011. Last time we stayed in a standard room we were on the kudu trail in a restricted view room next to the lifts and it was fine.

We stayed in a Sav view villa at Jambo House last summer and it was great! I would not hesitate booking a pool view though. We rented points from a DVC member, made the sav view totally affordable.

What part of AKL was you room in, were staying in a standard room when we go in Feb 2011. Last time we stayed in a standard room we were on the kudu trail in a restricted view room next to the lifts and it was fine.

I honestly don't recall the section our room was in. I know that we were on the 2nd floor and could walk down to the lobby in not even 5 minutes from our room. When looking out from our room, the main entrance to AKL was to our left. Not sure if that's helpful at all to you or not.

I honestly don't recall the section our room was in. I know that we were on the 2nd floor and could walk down to the lobby in not even 5 minutes from our room. When looking out from our room, the main entrance to AKL was to our left. Not sure if that's helpful at all to you or not.

Sounds like you were on the Ostrich Trial. Our problem when we booked was that to stay in a pool view room it would have cost and extra £550 (approx $850) and a savanna view was £850 extra (approx $1,300) for the 2 weeks were going to wdw for.

We have requested a standard room on Zebra or Kudu, there are only a hand full on each, so if that doesn't work out we will see if we can upgrade when we get there.

We had a standard view room on the 4th floor overlooking the taxi queue. i thought it would be noisy, but it was fine.

The rooms to avoid are the ones on the sidewalk to the bus stops. :scared: I always feel sorry for the people in those rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter