AKL - sofa bed??

WSussex

Mouseketeer
Hi

Can anyone that has stayed in AKL tell me what you thought of the sofa bed?? Didn't realise it was a double and a sofa bed and finding it a little hard to justify the deluxe cost when on a sofa bed no matter how nice the resort is?! Any input would be appreciated

Sally

We had two queen beds in AKL and then a bed and a sofa bed in AKV Jambo.

Are you staying in a villa or just standard hotel room? I'm sure you'll have 2 beds if it's hotel.

If it is a standard room you will have 2 queen beds.

The studios (DVC rooms) have the queen bed and double sleeper sofa. They also have a kitchenette in the room.

Our DD always sleeps on the pull outs as we stay DVC all the time - she has never complained.

we had two queen beds at AKL too although I have seen adverts for rooms with bunkbeds maybe they are at the DVC too.

As above, AKL is either two queen beds or a queen bed & bunk-bed (you pay slightly more for a bunk-bed). AKL villas studio or 1 bed have queen bed and a sofa bed. Have you selected AKL villas when seeing the pics?

I'm just going by the pictures on the disney website for a standard room?

Here is a link to the disney website with pictures of the standard rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/animal-kingdom-lodge/rates-rooms/

None of them have a sofa bed.

Here is the link to Animal Kingdom Villas which do have the sofa bed: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/animal-kingdom-villas-jambo/rates-rooms/

You need to see if you are pricing up the deluxe resort or the deluxe villas resort. The main resort will be called a standard room whereas the deluxe villas will be called a studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter