AKL Sept 2008

Cuteallyb

Earning My Ears
I am hoping to be visiting AKL in Sept this year - to celebrate my 30th. This will be my first time @ WDW and I can't wait.
BUT
I don't know whether booking the concierge service is worth the extra money.
ANYTHING that you guys can tell me on this - would be appreciated.

Thanks!
x

also going sept 2008 and staying 1 week sav view and 1 week concierge, it all boils down to 1) can you afford it 2) will you get the full use of it. this is why we split 50/50. hope this helps.

I am hoping to be visiting AKL in Sept this year - to celebrate my 30th. This will be my first time @ WDW and I can't wait.
BUT
I don't know whether booking the concierge service is worth the extra money.
ANYTHING that you guys can tell me on this - would be appreciated.

Thanks!
x

I understand that there are very few concierge units at AKV, so unless you OWN points there and book before the seven month window opens, you will have difficulty making a reservation. Even then it might not be easy.

Bear in mind that the concierge "view" may be over the pool, as they cannot guarantee a savannah view.

So far as the "cost" is concerned, it's just a few extra points, so I would suggest trying it for a couple of nights to see if it's worth the points. For the benefit of VIP check-in, exclusive lounge, frequent nibbles and drinks, my guess would be "yes", but I haven't tried it yet. Hope to soon though! :)

You can still book ordinary Lodge rooms with concierge on floor 4, it is the DVC units that are on floor 6 and only 5 x 2 bedroom lockoff's, hence the difficulty in booking unless an AKV owner and booking at the 11 month window.

Claire ;)

We to are going in sep 08 and was looking at the concierge but upon calling the DVC was told there are no rooms avalible for our dates and have placed us on a waiting list.

I don`t think that we would get full use out of the service to be honest so would rather save the points for our 2010 visit.

Haven't done conceirge at AKL yet (hope to in 09) but did do it using points at the Poly and that was really worth it, just for the unlimited soft drinks throughout the day whilst sat by the pool! Lovely to just pop up to the lounge for breakfast, for snacks and in the early evening!!
Debsxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter