AKL Questions

Indy's Girl

Mouseketeer
I hope someone can answer these!

1) Turn down: Is turn down service only for concierge guests or can any guest get it? We are not concierge, but would love this service. Does it cost extra? What exactly does it include? Do we need to call everyday to request it or is it a length of stay thing?
2) Pillows: Can you get feather pillows at AKL? Do you need to put in a request or do they come with the room? Can you get special allergen free pillows? How many pillows would come on a King bed? can you request more pillowsw, and if so how often have you had this request granted?
3) Showers: What is the water pressure like in the showers? I have stayed in sooo many hotels where the water comes out at either a high force stinging spray or with such little force that it takes forever to wash shampoo out of my hair.
4)Mousekeeping: what time does mousekeeping come each day(I know this will vary but is it closer to 10 or 3?) If we would like to sleep in, or not have mousekeepers one day can we just leave a "do not disturb" sign on the door? Do they knock and try to come in anyway? (this has happened to us before)
5)Beds- how comfortable are they?

That's all I can think of for now! TIA

1) Turn down: Is turn down service only for concierge guests or can any guest get it? We are not concierge, but would love this service. Does it cost extra? What exactly does it include? Do we need to call everyday to request it or is it a length of stay thing?
Concierge rooms get automatic turndown. I don't know if you could request it or not. If you can't get turndown and just want some towels, call housekeeping and they'll send some up.
2) Pillows: Can you get feather pillows at AKL? Do you need to put in a request or do they come with the room? Can you get special allergen free pillows? How many pillows would come on a King bed? can you request more pillowsw, and if so how often have you had this request granted?
If you end up with all feather pillows, housekeeping will send you up a foam one...in all the WDW hotels. But they usually have at least one foam pillow. I don't know about requesting feather, but I'm guessing you could. :confused3
3) Showers: What is the water pressure like in the showers? I have stayed in sooo many hotels where the water comes out at either a high force stinging spray or with such little force that it takes forever to wash shampoo out of my hair.
I like a lot of pressure. We actually fiddled with our shower head to increase the flow and pressure at home. That said, I think the pressure in all the WDW hotels is kind of lame...but like I said, I like Niagra Falls coming out, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. :)
4)Mousekeeping: what time does mousekeeping come each day(I know this will vary but is it closer to 10 or 3?)
No way to know what time they'll hit your room. Luck of the draw...some rooms get cleaned first and some get cleaned last.
If we would like to sleep in, or not have mousekeepers one day can we just leave a "do not disturb" sign on the door?
Yup, there are "Privacy Please" signs.
Do they knock and try to come in anyway? (this has happened to us before)
Disney is very good about not disturbing when you don't want to be disturbed. :)
5)Beds- how comfortable are they?
I've only stayed at AKL three times, but my beds have been very comfy. However, I'm so tired by the end of a Disney day that I could sleep on rocks.

All showers at WDW have limiters in them to keep down the water pressure - Florida law if I am not mistaken. But, I've never suffered in a shower there. Water is a precious and limited resource so just get used to it.

You can request turn down service in any room at AKL and you can also request a time for mousekeeping to service your room. Putting the sign on the door will prevent a mousekeeper from knocking but if you wanted the room cleaned at a specific time it's best to call and set that up. As for pillows, there are several types - if it's an allergy issue it would be best to make that request on your reservation to have allergy-free pillows. They can also do a special cleaning on any room if it's for the same reason and have various cleaning products that can be used both in your room and to launder your sheets/towels. Disney, to me, is the ultimate best in assisting guests with allergies or medical needs. You can request extra pillows that would stay in your room for your length of stay but I have no idea how many come with a king bed to start with. Usually I've found extras already in the closet along with an extra blanket. As for beds, the beds at AKL are, to me, the most comfortable and luxurious on property and I've stayed at all the resorts. ---Kathy

Anyone staying at the resort can call Housekeeping and request turndown service for the length of their stay. It does not cost extra; but most people usually leave $1 per bed each night. Housekeeping will turn down your beds, leave chocolates on your pillows, remove used towels, empty trash baskets and turn on a light in the room.

Thank you all so much for answering my many questions! Luckily, you all gave the answers I was hoping for as well:cloud9: I can't wait to experiecne it for myself.:goodvibes

All the rooms at AKL have a small refrigerator in a wooden cabinet. Usually right next to the TV armoire.

I'm pretty sure you can request feather pillows if you like. Personally, I wouldn't, so I don't recall where I wa when I read this, but I think it was at Disney that I read it.

If you aren't sure, try calling the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter