Akl Pool View Or Savannah View?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Coconuts, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Coconuts

Coconuts DIS Veteran

Both pool and savannah views with a bunk beds are available in January. Savannah view is $300 more--is it worth it? Are the pool view rooms loud with the pool noise?:confused3

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

We had a savanah view last month and it was just incredible! Totally worth it if you are going to spend time in your room, if not then do not waste the money and go to the animal viewing areas around the resort

4. GovieMom

GovieMom DIS Veteran

We were going to stay pool-view but opted to pay the extra and stay savannah view instead. It was AMAZING! Every morning when we woke to find zebras and giraffes grazing in the mist, I would tell myself what a wonderful decision it was. You can get a pool-view anywhere, it's worth it to splurge every now and then.

5. TheWog

TheWog <font color=indigo>The Curse has been Reversed<br>

We went for it and will be going in April. For $300 I say do it.

6. webray

webray Love the wineauxs!

We have had both views...and we love them both. We take which ever we can get the better rate at!

7. megwilliams

megwilliams Mouseketeer

For us, I booked standard view. 1. because that's all that was available for the Nov-Dec Room Only offer, but also 2. because I'm worried about being in the far reaches of the resort if we have a savanna view. When I had AKL booked for January, we had a pool view, and I was rather happy with it. But we changed to WL for that quick trip.

If they upgraded us to SV, I'm sure we'll take it, but I'll be hoping we don't get stuck out on the far ends of the horseshoe. I think I will inquire about a (paid) upgrade to CL, but that's because I'm curious about CL. We'll just be happy with StdV no matter what. I'm just glad to be in a deluxe resort.