AKL pool v. savannah

spresso81

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

I have finally decided to spend the last 3 nights of my 7 night vacation (1st 4 at CBR) at the AKL. Thanks to the latest codes I have the choice of a pool view for $136 or Savannah for $166 both w/o tax.

I am so confused whether to save some money for the pool view or just spend the extra money. Also I am planning to propose to my GF on the trip and thought we may be able to get an upgrade in light of the event.

Thanks for all of your help.
Also if I choose the Savannah can you give me any hints?
I would like a non-smoking room hopefully with a King bed with the best view possible!!!

Stephen :boat:

Also, if anybody has stayed their and really enjoyed their view, could you possibly tells us the area in which you stayed!!!

Thank you!!

Hi - I used a code for a similar rate in May of last year for a pool room and from a money saving standpoint it was worth it plus the savanah rooms were not discounted enough for my budget last year. Our room was next to one of the glass hallway sections that gives you a view of the Savannah and there are many great spots to view the animals. However since this is more special and the difference so little I would spring for the Savannah view. Check out the AKL FAQ link for tips. Have fun, it is my favorite resort so far.

I paid $160 for pool view last summer (with code, AP was alittle less) and I will never pay for pool view again. I would just assume have standard. We looked at the roofs to the restaurants, faced the other wing where folks were hanging out their beach towels, and had a partial view of pool. Did not feel at all private or welcoming to sit there. We never used the balcony.

Now when we had savanna view, if we were at our room, we were on the balcony. Even in the rain, we just sat and watched the animals. I would hands down take the savanna room. You can look at a pool anywhere - but giraffes and zebras, now that is a view !

Definitely go for savannah view...

I'm staying at the AKL Sav. for the first time in less than a month! :cheer2:

mariamouse

Go with Savannah view. That's our rate for our April trip and there was no way we'd pass it up. I have stayed on all 3 savannahs, and all the trails for the savannah views, and I liked the Arusha and Uzima savannahs best. Either the Zebra or Kudu trail, we liked both. On the Sunset savannah we didn't see any animals during the day, only very late at night.

For me, the whole point of staying at the AKL is the idea of having a room with a balcony overlooking the animals. While many of the pool views are vey nice the price you have gotten on a Savannah view is really good and I think you should snag that and enjoy.

For that price I would go with Savannah but the pool view is nice also. Last time we were at AKL DH and I had a savannah view and MIL and FIL had a pool view and I loved it! I'm a water person anyway, but I thought their view was just gorgeous!

Go for the savanah - otherwise go to a Comfort Inn close to a zoo. The neat thing about AKL is getting up in the mornig and seeing giraffes and zebra out your window or just sitting on your balconey at night watching them. You can get a pool view anywhere but there aren't too many places on this continent to get the animal view.

Take the Savannah room! I've stayed in both, and to be quite honest, I really did not like the pool view room that much. We were on the first floor, but it still wasn't that great. We couldn't see much out of our room anyway, so there wasn't much of a 'view.' Savannah view, on the other hand, was excellent, and I probably wouldn't stay at AKL again unless I had a Savannah view. Good luck with your decision. Regardless of what you choose, I hope you enjoy AKL! :wave2:

Definately take the Savannah View. It is worth it. Also, note the king bed as one of the first requests on your reservation...

Hi-
I would do the savannah view room.
We have stayed in both savannah and pool view rooms at the AKL.
I would never do a pool view again----it was very loud compared to the savannah view. Our view was mostly other balconies and roof tops. I loved being able to wake up and watch the animals from my savannah view room.

I have not stayed at AKL, but I know without a doubt that $166 a night for a savannah view is a GREAT price! I read on another thread that you can ask for night goggles at the front desk and you will be able to view the animals at night!!

Done both views as well - I'd take Savannah too! The pool view was noisy, and it really smelled like the pool from our balcony.

spresso81 said:
Hello all,

I have finally decided to spend the last 3 nights of my 7 night vacation (1st 4 at CBR) at the AKL. Thanks to the latest codes I have the choice of a pool view for $136 or Savannah for $166 both w/o tax.

I am so confused whether to save some money for the pool view or just spend the extra money. Also I am planning to propose to my GF on the trip and thought we may be able to get an upgrade in light of the event.

Thanks for all of your help.
Also if I choose the Savannah can you give me any hints?
I would like a non-smoking room hopefully with a King bed with the best view possible!!!

Stephen :boat:

If you like chocolate or your GF does, I recommend that you order the special strawberries that AKL has...they are white chocolate with chocolate stripes made to look like zebras. They are wonderful. Special occasions should always have great food too :) My step mom always orders them for us when we stay there and I believe it's through room service. They don't have these at Boma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter