AKL or Pop Century

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by MikeWazowski, Aug 24, 2003.

1. MikeWazowski

MikeWazowski DIS Veteran

Jan 16, 2003
    I may have asked this question before, but I can't remember the answers.

Should I stay at the AKl Standard room or at the Pop Century. I am assuming that price for the AKL in January(10-20) wil be 109 like it was last year with the codes. But, I have noticed that expedia is offerinf Pop Century for 55.

I know that the amenties will be a major different. But, the chance to stay at a new (even though it took like 4 years to build and open) hotel it pretty tempting. price really is'nt the factor. It comes down to staying in a new room at a value or staying at a deluxe.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Andrew_Lubow

Andrew_Lubow DIS Veteran

Sep 6, 2000
    Well, if it were me I'd book both resorts for my vacations length. If the discounts for AKL never happened I'd cancel that ressie and go to PC for my vacation. If the discount happened and was truly curious about how it was at PC then I'd AT LEAST split my stay with the the first few days there then transfer over to AKL to close my trip. I'd just modify both ressies to the length of stay I wanted at both resorts. To tell the truth though to get to know the resort thoroughly I'd seriously consider staying at PC for the entire length of my vacation even if there were great rates at AKL. Had PC been opened when I'm going to WDW this October I'd have stayed there for my LOS to scope it out.
  4. AspiringCindy

AspiringCindy <font color=FF66FF>Craved Spam.....the unidentifie

Jun 17, 2002
    AKL...AKL...AKL! I don't even have to think about it!
  5. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Jan 27, 2001
    The way discounts have been going, you may be looking at $77 for PC and $199 for AKL.