AKL or BLT first?

DisGin

Mouseketeer
DH and I have decided to become DVC members. We're almost positive we want to do 2 moderate sized contracts (around 160) at BLT and AKL. We'll use them alternating years. We want to go ahead and buy one now then probably buy the other within the next year or so. Which one would you buy first? Anyone see an obvious problem with our plan? TIA!

DH and I have decided to become DVC members. We're almost positive we want to do 2 moderate sized contracts (around 160) at BLT and AKL. We'll use them alternating years. We want to go ahead and buy one now then probably buy the other within the next year or so. Which one would you buy first? Anyone see an obvious problem with our plan? TIA!

If you have already decided on those two home resorts, I would suggest BLT first. My main reason would be that it is tougher to reserve at 7 months than AKL. So, you would get more benefit from the 11 month booking window.

I would suggest AKV first. The points will go farther there, and if you wait on BLT another year or two, the contracts should be even lower in value by then (probably solidly in the $80's). AKV points are a bargain right now, particularly for contracts over 100 points.

We have not had any trouble getting a LV room at BLT at 7 months when we have wanted to stay there.

I am a new first time owner, BLT and AKV were the top 2 prior resorts I considered prior to buying. I think Goofy D and Kidanifan summarized well what I concluded after months of research. It is tougher - but not impossible - to reserve BLT at 7 months out and total dollars spent on AKV contracts go a little further, certainly up front. I ended up going with AKV and a month in we are very happy. We got what I consider a great deal, a contract fully loaded. Since I am new, I tend to log on at least once a day. At 7 months out, AKV appears to be always available, BLT is available with some cutouts here and there depending on what you are looking for.

Good luck.

I would say it depends on your vacation plans. If you are hoping to stay at BLT over the holiday season or when MNNSHP is on then pick up a BLT contract first otherwise go for AK as it is so cheap although I think the MFs are higher than BLT but probably not by much.

Value rooms at AK are hard to get any time, but other then that you can get in pretty easy at any time of the year. BLT is not as easy to get in, at 7 month window. It has less rooms so it will fill up quicker, if you go during busy times of year. With the new Fantasyland section at MK, the park has been busy. If you like MK, BLT is easy to walk to. If you want peace and quiet, AK is the way to go. AK has the best place to eat, IMHO. The bus rides are just part of the expearence. You will enjoy either way. WE own at AKL and OKW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter