AKL or a Moderate for a Split stay?

keltiesmom

Mouseketeer
I was one of the Disney time winners and we are trying to get a plan for when Disney contacts us. We are hoping to go in October, We want to spend 4 nights at the Polynesian, and 2 nights at another resort. I really love the idea of staying at the AKL, but its really out of the way, and its more money than we might want to spend. My problem is that I dont really LOVE any of the Mods. I would be happy to stay at the POR in a princess suite, mainly to avoid staying in the Alligator Bayou, but otherwise they dont really appeal to me. Is there a way to guarantee staying in the mansions any other way?

So what I am thinking is, because the Poly is so central to MK and Epcot, we could get most of our touring done at those parks, probably DTD, and maybe HS done while we stay there, then when we are at the AKL we could do the AK and 1 of the water parks. Would this work, or is it still just too secluded? What is the transportation like from the AKL? I wonder if its actually better because it maybe doesnt share a bus with other resorts? I like the beach club as well, but Im not sure I can convince DH to pay for a Deluxe without "trading" my dream of going to Africa for staying somewhere that "feels" like Africa.

So what I am thinking is, because the Poly is so central to MK and Epcot, we could get most of our touring done at those parks, probably DTD, and maybe HS done while we stay there, then when we are at the AKL we could do the AK and 1 of the water parks. Would this work, or is it still just too secluded? What is the transportation like from the AKL? I wonder if its actually better because it maybe doesnt share a bus with other resorts? I like the beach club as well, but Im not sure I can convince DH to pay for a Deluxe without "trading" my dream of going to Africa for staying somewhere that "feels" like Africa.

We've done some AK/Poly splits and they were great. Like your plan, we visited AK and BB while at AKL (and sometimes DHS), and saved our EP/MK days for the Poly.

AKL is an amazing resort. The theming and atmosphere make me feel like I left WDW and went to Africa. I love watching the animals out on the savannas. There are lots of activities there as well. And great restaurants.

It doesn't share buses -- I don't like buses but really they aren't bad at AKL. And AK and BB are super close.

A split like AK/Poly is great since you will have the remote feeling at AKL and then be in the middle of the "world" at the Poly. :goodvibes

I agree with the pp. AKL is a great resort and the transportation isn't bad. The resort is kind of out of the way/secluded, but we didn't find going to/from the parks to take any longer from there than from any other resort. I think a Poly/AKL split is a great choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter