• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL, OKW, or SSR with a 2 year old...Which is better for all of us?

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
OKW or ALK or SSR studio for me, DH, and DD 2 years. We plan on going to the parks every day and not spending TOO much time at the resort during the day. We will obviously have a stroller. DH and I would like to grab a cocktail at the resort after the parks to relax on the balcony while DD goes to bed. Which resort would work best for us?

Any suggestions? recommendations?

I've stayed at all 3 resorts.

AKL is our DVC home. I would pick that one because the savannah makes it stand out but you said you don't plan on being in the room much.

OKW has nice large rooms. So I would pick that one 2nd.

SSR would be my 3rd choice. There's nothing wrong with it but, to me at least, there's nothing special about it either.

If you are traveling with a small one, I would recommend OKW first, SSR second and AKL third. Reasons in reverse order-------- AKL can be a long trip to/from the parks which at the end of the day could lead to an unpleasant one for tired children. Animals are fund to see, but if parks are the objective, seems like a waste to stay there. SSR is very nice and is great for spur of the moment trips to DTD, many pools to choose from however it is very large and spread out which requires some serious walking to/from bus stops. OKW is spread out like SSR but bus stops are located within reasonable distance from rooms, services at Hospitality House are all within 100 yards, and lastly the trip from most parks is not a half-day affair.

AKL would be best for cocktail. Otherwise at SSR you have to make the long walk to the Turf Club to get it and take it back to the room. Same thing with OKW.

AKL the bar is in the lobby so I would ask for a room close to the lobby. Otherwise it could be a long walk back the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter