AKL: Night vision goggles?

stellablue

DIS Veteran
I've read about these somewhere on here.

What are they? Do you rent them? Where do you get them? Can you use them anywhere (including your balcony)?

Any info would be great-thanks!!

I've read about these somewhere on here.
What are they? Do you rent them? Where do you get them? Can you use them anywhere (including your balcony)?
Any info would be great-thanks!!

You cannot rent them, or take them to your room. The CM's are skattered around the property and they will help you look thru the night vision goggles.
I found a CM in back of the pool bar against the fence. She pointed out the animals for me.

Thanks for the fast reply!

So, where can I find these? Are they available at specific viewing areas?

Go out to the pool area, and continue past the hot tub close to Uzima Savannah. In the past there have been signs in the pool area pointing you in the right direction. There will be AKL CM's there with "night vision goggles". You get to stand at the fence and look out onto the savannah. When you looked out onto the savannah without the goggles you didn't see much. With the goggles, the savannah came to life! Very cool!

Oh boy-thanks so much for that info!! AkL sounds like its going to be a cool resort!!

Do you know around what hours these CM are there with the night goggles or how late they allow you to use them?

I believe it changes with the seasons. It's best to check the activities board located to the far left of the registration desk. The activities board lists the many events that take place throughout the week. Of course you can always ask at the concierge desk.

is this something you could do even if you are not staying at akl?

Thanks!! I had heard they have an activities board, but I assumed it would only be stuff for little kids. I cant wait to see what else they offer!

If you go onto the rather LONG "Jambo AKL" thread, you will find the info for all the offered activities.

There are CMs on Arusha Rock that have the night vision goggles.

You don't have to stay at the AKL in order to use these goggles.

If your video camera/camcorder has "nightvision" then it is the same thing.
You can sit on your balcony and check them out, with zoom and ability to record :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter