1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

AKL LITE unofficial FAQ thread#10 - I believe that's known as a 'Jambo Dozen'

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by kimmar067, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John's Mom

John's Mom Jambo Wildbunch Gang

All the standard rooms are the same size. When I've seen pictures of rooms with the bunk beds, there is a little more room between the beds (the bunks are not as wide as a queens). Hope this helps.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I take it back...changed to BC :rolleyes:

4. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 DIS Veteran

That does help, thank you!

Don't feel bad... as you know, my youngest wants the Poly B-A-D...for her sweet 16 next year, but with all the construction, I honestly don't see us there the entire time with everything that will be going on. So we are now in discussions for a split stay. While we love the BC, the girls are ready for a change and since we all really enjoyed AKL the last time we were there, we are considering this option. But I'm really thinking about the bunk beds as I'm sick of hearing the girls bicker about sharing a bed :).... decisions decisions

5. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Do they not like the daybed? Although, I know that's not a guarantee...

6. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 DIS Veteran

They don't mind the daybed, but the "not guaranteed" is the problem and in all the times we've stayed at the BC, we've only gotten the daybed once.

7. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Gotcha. :goodvibes

8. C&G'sMama

C&G'sMama DIS Veteran

We are officially booked for the 1st week of February. AKL pool view bunk beds. I also have a tall daughter 13yo and 5'8" tall. But she sleeps in a twin size bunk bed at home (her choice) so she'll be fine.

This will be our first AKL stay, looking forward to it!

9. kimmar067

kimmar067 TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!

...you'll be staying at Jambo House...

10. kimmar067

....the rooms are the same size, but the bunks take up less floor space so it may seem more spacious....

11. msmith1026

msmith1026 A muffin is just an ugly cupcake.

Hi everyone, does anyone have experience taking the Magical Express to AKL? I know the timing varies, but we land next Thursday at 7:30, pm. I've planned on at least an hour and a half to get through MCO, to the busses and to the hotel. Does that seem realistic at that hour of day? Also, do they stop at other hotels, or does it go straight to the Animal Kingdom Lodge?

12. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

It probably won't take that long, maybe an hour. Sometimes they stop at Pop and AoA but it totally depends who lands around the same time, sometimes they go straight there.

13. Paula Sedley-Burke

Paula Sedley-Burke Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

hi! Hope you enjoy AKL as much as we did! Are you jambo house or Kidani? They stopped at Jambo first. When we got the ME in May it stopped at a few other resorts. It did take quite a while. Longer than SSR I recall. I would say 2 hours to be safe. Enjoy!

14. msmith1026

msmith1026 A muffin is just an ugly cupcake.

Thank you both! We are at Jambo house--our first time at AKL. So excited! Can't believe it's 6 days away now. :cool1:

15. tarak

tarak DIS Veteran

Our last trip, AKL was the first stop, so it was only about forty-five minutes. You might get lucky. Enjoy your trip!

16. Irishlisa

Irishlisa DIS Veteran

We landed at 10:30am and were at Kidani at 11:50. The bus stopped at 2 other hotels before AK.

17. DevonsDisneyMom

DevonsDisneyMom DIS Veteran

Stops vary depending on the crowds but I doubt it will be close to 1:30 mins. Last time we stayed at AKL and used DME we stopped at pop/AoA and CSR before heading to the lodge and was still their about an hour after landing in mco

18. icicleVT

icicleVT Earning My Ears

::waves:: Hi!
    We're getting in at 6pm that day and are staying at AKL for the first time too. Hopefully we'll catch the bus right before yours. From what I've been reading on the forums, it seems to take about an hour from MCO to AKL.
    See you there :)

19. kimmar067

....give-or-take.....mebbe a little less, but if you're including sign-in time [at MCO] to actually stepping off the bus at AKL's portico, then yup....BTW ~ JAMBO!

20. Hulagirlie2003

Hulagirlie2003 Earning My Ears

:mickeyjum:tink:

December will be our first time staying at AKL. Has anyone heard, does AKL have problems with bedbugs or cockroaches? I've heard a rumor or two about that (along with POR/POFQ, All-Stars, etc.). I'm not going to lie, it kind of freaks me out. Excited despite being slightly nervous about potential bug issues.
    Also, is there any special Christmas stuff that we should see at the resort?

Thank you for your help :)

21. RapunzelsGoodMom

RapunzelsGoodMom Mouseketeer

Just booked my trip for marathon weekend....no AKL. I'm at the YC right now but so sad. I will keep watching!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.