AKL Jambo House - 1 bedroom Value View

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by mickeysgal, Feb 9, 2013.

1. mickeysgal

mickeysgal <font color=blue>Orange you glad I like Knock Knoc

Are these a good deal for the points? Are they smaller in size? If smaller, is it hard to live with for a week or hardly noticeable? What makes them considered Value?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

They are considered values because of the size. They are about three feet shorter from the entrance to the balcony. They can have either a pool view, savanna view, or parking lot view. They are along the Ostrich and Giraffe Trails.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

4. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

One thing that the 1 bedrooms at Jambo have in common (except 1 concierge level 1 bedroom which doe not have a tub) is a jacuzzi-shower combination, not a shower stall plus a jacuzzi. I find that hard to use.

5. vinmar4

vinmar4 Mouseketeer

I think that it is a great value, it is 4 of us and we are comfortable in it. We don't spend a lot of time in our room and I probably cook 2 times per stay but if you request a room close to the lobby you might get the giraffe views and they are great. We did not have to walk a lot to get to the elevator to take it down to the pool level and Boma. We are staying again in a one bedroom value this coming June for 5 nights and then going to another one bedroom at the BW for the rest of our trip. We like it that we can save the points by staying in a value so we can then go to the BW.

6. mickeysgal

It will just be 2 of us - hopefully DH's work schedule will allow him to join us for a bit of the week.

Having to borrow points from next year's use year to do this trip...so saving some points by booking Value may be prudent.

Then again, I don't want to feel cramped.

You know...it's the word "Value"...I hear "value" and I immediately feel cramped as in All Stars cramped. It's all in my mind and yes, I'm spoiled by DVC. :rolleyes1

We've stayed in a AKL Jambo house studio once, but wanted to get the real feel of a one-bedroom there.

7. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

one issue with the value 1BRs is that they are too small for the sleeper chair, so they allow only 4 in occupancy.

for 2 adults, i think it would be a great deal...

8. mickeysgal

Would anyone have a picture by chance?

9. mickeysgal

Ok - I booked it. Got it less than 60 days out and used some points I had in holding. Whoo hoo!