AKL has won my heart. Just back review! *Updated with pics page 3.

AKL is now my favorite resort so far after my last trip. Everything about it is so beautiful...not to mention the wonderful bus service.

I forgot to add into my report that the main draw for this resort is how kid friendly it is. All the activies and pools are in the same area and not spread out so when you get back with tired feet everything is right there. The food court, pool, playground, and animals are all in the one main area. Big plus with a kiddo. I am glad everyone likes this place as much as we do!!!

We just got back from a 10 day trip to AKL. First time there and was not disappointed. Our room was on the Zebra trail by the elevators on the 3rd floor. GREAT location. Animals out back everyday,(and night-came face to face with a giraffe at 200 AM,scared me to death :blush: )not too far from the lobby, right by the elevators that take you to the pool,arcade, and Mara. Our room # was 3524. I totally agree with the smell that embraces you when you walk in the lobby. Family of 4, loved the dining plan-only negative too much food, got creative at the end. In Mara the let me get boxes of cereal for our desserts and used that for breakfast the next AM. Bought the refillable mugs so for our drinks at dinner we got 2 milks for breakfast and 2 powerades to take to the parks the next day. We were here for a baseball tournament and will definitely stay here next year when son # 2 comes to play. :cheer2: Hope this helps. Any questions i will be happy to answer while I can still remember.

We will be there from Sept 9th through the 16th. Well, leaving on the 16th.

I hope the trip goes well....still nervous about having my husband there in the middle of chemo treatments but we will go and hope for the best. Besides, my ds is turning 7 years old, nothing is going to spoil th magic of that! :thumbsup2

IWISHFORDISNEY: You said you were upgraded to a deluxe pool view room...what type of room did you originally book?

I hope I enjoy it as much as you did. We're going to stay there for the first time next month! I can't wait. :banana: We normally stay at Ft. Wilderness cabins... but this trip is adult only 19 yr anniversary.... I want it to be so magical!! :wizard:

DisneyDad in PA said:
Good to hear about the busses. That has been a concern of mine. We'll be at AKL from Sept. 16 to the 23rd for our first stay at a Disney resort and we are looking forward to it. I haven't been to Disney for almost 25 years.[/QUOTE

We will also be at AKL Sept 16-23. AKL is by far my favorite resort! Even thought we are DVC members with BCV our home resort, I would still say this is our favorite place to stay. This trip is a spur of the moment trip for our anniversary and I had banked this years remaining points previously...Oh darn, then I guess we MUST stay at the AKL this trip, LOL! :love:

Thanks for your report, we are going during Christmas time and after reading some of the other reviews I wonder if I picked the right resort to stay at. I hope we have the same wonderful experience as your family did. Thanks again

Thanks for the report. We are very excited about our November trip. Does anyone know how far the furthest possible room is from the main Lobby and food courts? Can anyone post some pics of this resort? I have seen them on other sites but I usually like the more candid Photo's...... :sunny:

shyjade- I booked a standard view room 205 per night and got upgraded to a waterview (pool) with king bed.

I will try to post some pics over the weekend if I can.

Here are some of the pics we took of the room and our view was to be standard and we were upgraded to a pool/water view. Thank you again Michael. :thumbsup2

Table and chairs
DSCN3151.jpg

King Bed room with pull out sofa bed
DSCN3053.jpg

Our view
DSCN3051.jpg

Lobby and entrance
DSCN3042.jpg

DSCN3057.jpg

DSCN3037.jpg

Thanks for the review and pictures you are getting me all excited for my stay!!! Only 28 more days :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

All these comments & pictures make me want to fast forward to our departure date. I'll be there in <see below> days! :thumbsup2

Not that I want it to be winter but reading and seeing the pictures I have to say I can't wait until we GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hourglass

Your pics are great! I'm glad you enjoyed AKL so much! We haven't stayed there yet but I really hope to some day!

We are planning on going the for the last 3 nights of our Dec hols. My son will be 6 when we go so we are hoping he will enjoy it. Can you tell me what the transport to the parks was like?

The bus service was excellent. :thumbsup2 We are used to sharing a bus with the YC/BC/BW/Dolfin/Swan. So at most I had a 15 min trip total to the parks. The best bus service yet IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter