AKL Giraffe Trail ?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by dizneyfan, Mar 11, 2004.

1. dizneyfan

dizneyfan Mouseketeer

Looking for some AKL experts here! We just "upgraded" to AKL from CSR due to the new codes. Being newbies to this beautiful resort, I'm not sure where to request a room. We have booked a standard view and from all the info I've read there are not that many of these rooms in the resort (about 100?).

My two boys really want to be close to the pool. Since this is a rather large hotel we'd also like to be close to the lobby/restaurant areas and not have to hike a mile to the bus stop. It looks like Giraffe trail fits the bill here, but I've read reports about these being the worst rooms because they're close to the busses.

Can anyone tell me if there's alot of noise or some other reason these rooms are undesirable? Of course we can always hope for a complimentary upgrade, but I'm not the type to ask for such!
    Just looking for the best standard view available.

Thanks for all input.

--dizneyfan

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. johnsonet

johnsonet DIS Veteran

dizneyfan:

I would do what you said...request Giraffe Trail to be closest to the Pool, arcade, elevators, etc. I don't think noise will be a problem but I haven't stayed in a standard room there. I do remember reading one report from someone whose balcony was on the trail to the bus stop and she LOVED her room and was perfectly satisfied. I'd rather be on that side of the hotel than the other...

4. dizneyfan

dizneyfan Mouseketeer

Thanks johnsonet! I wish I knew where that post was...I would love to read it. I definitely think that side of the hotel is where to be

Anybody else out there???

--dizneyfan

5. DisneyFreaks

DisneyFreaks <font color="red">Don't get me started about those

Ostrich Trail. We loved our rooms. We are not professional walkers by any means and I didn't think it was that far of a hike to anything. My family used the pool everyday and to my knowledge there is only one door that goes out to the bus stop besides the one inside the gift shop. The lodge is so beautiful we loved walking through it everyday. Of course if you are planning on letting your children go to the pool and food court by themselves then Giraffe Trail might be better but I think you will enjoy AKL where ever your room is. Hopefully you will get a magical upgrade. Sending pixie dust your way dizneyfan!

6. dizneyfan

dizneyfan Mouseketeer

The rooms in Ostrich Trail didn't look like they'd be too far from the lobby, etc. I'm glad you were satisfied with your room disneyfreaks. I know we'll be happy wherever, but I just want to try to request the best!

Thanks for your input.

--dizneyfan

7. johnsonet

johnsonet DIS Veteran

I also agree with the previous posters. Honestly, the problem is being at the ENDS of the Kudu or Zebra Trails. They are VERY far from things, especially Kudu Trail. For my upcoming trip I requested Zebra Trail to be on the same "side" as the Pool and Mara. You will love WHATEVER room you have at AKL, I'll bet. Good luck to you!!:sunny:

8. LindaBabe

LindaBabe DIS Veteran

on Giraffe trail leading out to the pool area - it's in the elevator lobby out toward the far end, and very convenient to the hot tub.

9. EEyorelover22

EEyorelover22 I want to live in the Castle

There are rooms on Giraffe trail though that are right next to the path coming back from the bus stop. I would for sure check your map when you get there and make sure it's not one of those rooms. I think it would be loud there. There are not that many though, but the path is right next to the rooms and there is no view. There is a high wooden "fence" at the end of their balancy. I don't think most people even know there are rooms there so they don't know to be quiet while walking.

10. jaysue

jaysue DIS Veteran

11. dizneyfan

dizneyfan Mouseketeer

Thanks for all this great info! I'll look the map over carefully before making a request.

--dizneyfan