AKL disappointment

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Peter Pirate 2, Apr 22, 2013.

1. DRDISNEYMD

DRDISNEYMD *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A gi

~Great post!!!

~OMG, again?!? I see you, already. *sigh*.... :( I'm laughing and crying at the same time, that's not good. :rotfl:

~Oh no, my dear sweet grumpy pirate! I *love* your grumpy posts -- every single word! I really appreciate you sharing your very recent experience at AK, and I was not offended in the least. I don't want you to leave or ever change. :hug: I would be miserable if Rumors became overrun with a bunch of happy go lucky pixie dusters! I've got the pixie dust on lock or so I'm told, lol, but I'll be that! This is Rumors, and you are one of the few old timers nice enough to stick around. I have learned so much from reading your posts, and you bring a such unique perspective along with some of the most charismatic, eloquent writing that I have *ever* seen. I can't wait for your return!!! :lovestruc

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CtinaDitty

CtinaDitty Disney Fanatic

Haha, Pittsburgh's fault it is then! :rotfl: I do agree that Disney does need to be held accountable for mistakes. There are some things that I think Disney needs to shape up on, but I just visited AK this past summer (I know, almost a year ago it seems) and did the Wild Africa Trek. We were out in the animal area and everything looked fine to me. Yes, I do think AK needs to do something to really make the park POP. I never spend more than a morning/early afternoon there. However, I think the grounds were fine while I visited last. Maybe they've become worse, though according to some posters who visited more recently than me, they haven't. Maybe it was just a bad week when Peter when, who knows? I do think Disney is spending money on things they don't necessarily need to when they already have so many existing things they could make better or update. I've spoken to Disney about a very bad trip I took last year, not due to the parks at all, but due to the resort I stayed at. I did receive a response.

Peter, maybe you should write to Disney. I'm being serious here. Tell them what you witnessed and maybe they'll do something to correct it! They sure got back to me fast when I told them how unhappy I was. Disney doesn't like bad press. They might take your concerns seriously!

4. Disneyfreak001

Disneyfreak001 "I dont't wanna be the bad guy anymore"

I could not agree less. AK is an awesome park. You wanna know why they didn't keep the zebras? They were gonna kill each other. and lets face t little red got boring the 10th time through. And no way are the animals neglected, AK takes pride in keeping animals safe, well fed, and clean. And you can't have all the animals out all the time due to weather or noctornal animals or feeding. And i really hope Disney doesn't do Avatarworld cuz that would be so stupid! Avatar is not Disney!:furious::mic::headache:

5. rluey29

rluey29 Wish I was in Disney, Hooray, Hooray!!!

We were there on Sat. did the Safari twice and it was 2 of the better rides we have ever had on the safari. Animals were out and about. I love the ride when they are active. Didn't notice any areas that had been lacking attention.

6. Minnies Boy Toy

Minnies Boy Toy Keeping an eye out for Mickey....

AK has always been my least favorite Disney park for some of the reasons mentioned. The layout seems claustrophobic to me. I suppose maybe that fits in with the wildlife and jungle theme, but even in the wild you sometimes get broad vistas on occasion - and AK is woefully lacking in that kind of atmosphere, IMO. In the meantime, if you're a wild animal lover, there are countless other zoo options available with better design features for both the animals and the viewers... not trying to be a downer as much as critiquing what I wish Disney would address sometime in the future.

7. bearloch

bearloch DIS Veteran

Was there Sat as well and did they Safari too saw many healthy happy looking animals and when I saw happy! they were eating, soaking in the water just plain looking good! the baby Elephants were out playing as was the animals replacing the zebras.. as far as overgrown plants last time I looked the theme of this park was to be in a Jungle where everything is overgrown it all looked as wonderfull as usual to me! but what do I know Im only at Disney 3xs a month! as a former Busch Gardens passholder and tampa zoo this park is no where near a zoo its much better than both the other parks but like everything today you can't make everyone happy all thetime!

8. darrius1st

darrius1st Mouseketeer

I Think one of the best ways to boost AK is to have rides that fit the animals in specific areas, for example where the tigers are have big and thrilling ride the were the are a lot of birds have a Soarin type to give you the experience if you had wings. Things of that nature so it ties into the animal concept and to keep it Disney have the Disney characters that are those specific animals as the mascot for the ride. Because as I have said many times this is the worst park in Orlando, and that includes FUNspot.

9. DRDISNEYMD

DRDISNEYMD *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A gi

~Dear Mr. Pirate, I just changed my mind -- on second thought, maybe you should just run & hide! :scared: WTH? It's getting way too weird. :clown: :clown: :clown:

10. JG02865

JG02865 Earning My Ears

Just wanted to jump in and correct some of the statements on this board. For one the Zebras had to go because they were uncomfortable in the area they were placed. The first potential solution was to remake the entire landscape so the reason you thought it looked bad may have been because all of the grass and plants were taken out. That didnt work so the zebras were replaced all together with the desert antelope Addax. In regards to them ignoring the landscape... they just remade the entire Okapi/ Yellow backed Duiker area in the little Ituri forest

11. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

I completely disagree. I visited both in February and April and did not notice anything neglected.

12. tbia

tbia Mouseketeer

I visited on Sunday, and actually saw zebras on the KS. They were way up the hill in a little opening, and the guide said nothing about them.

I was very surprised.