AKL CL worth $350 more?

lvvacation

Mouseketeer
I am booked for a Savannah view at AKL and am thinking of upgrading to the CL. Its approximately $350 more for the week. What do you think, would it be worth it? I'm not really looking to get my "money's worth" from food/drink, etc, but thought it would be nice to feel special and pampered. It will be hubby's 40th bday while we are there and I'll be running the Princess Half Marathon so I thought maybe a little pampering would be in order! Any opinions?

I did it last year. The only reason I would do it would be to be able to do the Sunrise Safari. It was awesome! Otherwise, I don't think it's worth the extra money.

We've done a few club levels at different resorts in the past, now that's years ago and the price wasn't so high and the offering alot better but now just stay regular and take the savings and load up our room with items from a grocery stop, snacks, beer, wine, alcohol and pop and set up our own concierge on the balcony. Plus it's kinda hard leaving the parks to head back to get into the lounge when they lay it out. Rooms are no different other that key card access to the floor, for us it's not worth the extra money, take the savings and stay a couple more nights, length of stay is more important that a concierge lounge to us.

I seriously considered this in January, but I ultimately decided it wasn't worth it, especially since we were on the Dining Plan anyways. Now, after the fact I know there's no way that we would have taken advantage of the lounge.
The real push towards me doing it was for the Sunrise Safari as well, but that's an extra cost altogether.

Club Level is definetly worth it. Yes, you may not get a better room or full lunch and dinner, but it is the service that counts. We had once booked a WL standard level room, and we weren't able to get help from the front desk. The first night we were there, we upgraded to club level, because of the low degree of service.

If you can't take advantage of the benefits, it isn't worth it.

Other than that, if you can...AKL has the best concierge on disney property!

Definitely worth it!! AKL concierge is amazing and the best bargain out there as usually it is about $100.00 plus per night to stay concierge at the other resorts. We have been twice and stayed Club Level at AKL both times and absolutely loved it each time. I am having a hard time convincing my son to try a new resort (CSR) without Club Level this upcoming trip (in Aug...just the 2 of us)....right now the scales are tipping us back towards AKL concierge level yet again! Can't get enough of that place. :goodvibes :lovestruc:cloud9: Heavenly

Does anyone have pics of lounge or offerings ?
We have been thinking of doing AKV - CL, too !

:cool1:

I am booked for a Savannah view at AKL and am thinking of upgrading to the CL. Its approximately $350 more for the week. What do you think, would it be worth it? I'm not really looking to get my "money's worth" from food/drink, etc, but thought it would be nice to feel special and pampered. It will be hubby's 40th bday while we are there and I'll be running the Princess Half Marathon so I thought maybe a little pampering would be in order! Any opinions?
One of the nicer clubs on property. Worth? You have to decide. I do not consider Disney club to be pampering, but if you are paying out of pocket (no pay ahead meal plans or "free dining") consider the breakfast and drinks (plus glass bottled water) alone for two for seven nights would make me consider the club option. The club seating/dining area is nice if you want to be back at your resort, away from the crowds, and not in your room.

Worth is so relative, only you can decide. For me, $50/night is well worth it.

The AKL IPO office is the best, and the lounge is one of the nicest ones at WDW.:)

If you will spend some time in the lounge, if you will use the IPO office to make your ADRs for you, if you will snack in the lounge, and if you are interested in going on the Sunrise Safari (which is awesome!), then I think it's worth it.

If you are the type who wouldn't make use of the breakfast, snacks, tea & scones, evening appetizers, and desserts & cordials then it's harder to get your "money's worth," I guess. I love staying CL because of all the help I get from the IPO office -- I already feel pampered and we haven't even started our vacation yet!:cloud9:

If it's only that much more for the whole week (meaning $50 per night) I'd go for it. :thumbsup2 Getting ADR assistence or special "help" on surprises for my children would be worth that. Access to teh lounge is worth taht much as well as being able to do the sunrise safari. So for that rpice, I think so. :goodvibes My opinon of course. ;)
It usually costs well more than that though which is why we most likely won't stay at that level again (despite now being DVC members with a home at AKV). IMO, it wasn't the knock-your-socks off concierge we had gotten at GF and despite my extremely poor concierge experience at the poly, I liked that better too because I liked being in my own building.
Everyone has their own opinions on this matter. We LOVE LOVE LOVE concierge as often as we can, but the AKL concierge just didn't do it for us enough to spend the usual $$ more it costs. BUT if I were given the deal you're getting, I would.

AKL is a Gorgeous resort...I have heard though that the "Offerings" in the CL have been significantally reduced especially the Hors d'oeuvres,Not sure if that helps you?

Have Fun Planning

We stayed CL there once, and yes, for that little amount I'd say it is definitely worth it.

They will bring you some beer or wine any time of the day (just ask if it's not out). There is juice, soda, water all day. Their coffee was wonderful - I would get up early and go read the paper and have some cappuccino every morning before anyone else got up. The evening appetizers were very extensive, delicious, and varied. We enjoyed things like skewers of shrimp, salmon, and other meats, little pastry cups filled with couscous salad, lots of items. A couple of nights, we were too full for any dinner then! Just for breakfast it would be worth it - coffee, juice, fruit, pastries, yogurts, etc... That can cost a ton for a family of 4 (which we are).

Also, they made all our dining and activity plans for us - that was so great.

Now, if you are at the parks open to close, and not at the resort much, I'd skip it. But, we spent a lot of time at the resort, as it was Dec 26th to Jan 2nd. The parks were very crowded, so we enjoyed the resort a lot as well.

AKL is a Gorgeous resort...I have heard though that the "Offerings" in the CL have been significantally reduced especially the Hors d'oeuvres,Not sure if that helps you?

Have Fun Planning

This may be true - we stayed a few years back!

I still think it is worth it, even for breakfast? But also, I like wine, and at $7 a glass or so at the bar, a couple of glasses a day of that makes it worth it to me.

We stayed AKL CL in Oct 08 for my birthday, we were guarenteed a savanah view which was awesome but the best part about it was the sunrise safari, it was the highlight of the entire stay.

The lounge was very nice but we didnt eat $350 worth of food to make up the difference in room type

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter