Akershus dress question

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by zjennk, Jun 4, 2013.

1. zjennk

zjennk Earning My Ears

My DD 7 is very excited to go to Akershus for breakfast in June but does not want to wear her princess dress. Do girls attend in regular clothes or will she feel bad because all of the girls are in princess attire?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. geraghty

geraghty Mouseketeer

She should be fine in regular clothes. The last time we went, there were several diners without children, and several families with kids that were in street clothes.

4. theparsons

theparsons DIS Veteran

I agree with PP.....no problem wearing regular park clothing.....yes, many of the little girls will be in princess gear, but not all.

5. myhouseofmouse

myhouseofmouse Disney Dad

Agree, there will lots of girls dressed up, but just as many not. either way will be fine.

Have a great trip

6. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

She will be just fine. As others have said, yes there will be girls dressed up in princess attire, but most will not. A compromise may be to schedule an appointment at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and have them just do her hair and make up. We did this with my DD for her first trip when she was younger. It was not the cheapest thing in the world, but it sure was priceless (and worth it) watching her expressions and joy as they transformed her from being just "daddy's" princess to being a Disney princess.:thumbsup2

7. cymbaldiva

cymbaldiva DIS Veteran

Can't speak to how your kiddo will feel because everyone's feelings are their own.

I can tell you there's no rule saying little girls must wear princess gear - she can certainly wear whatever she'd like :)