Akershus Dinner OR Ohana Dinner

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by ShellyShellfish, Nov 27, 2010.

1. ShellyShellfish

ShellyShellfish Wishing upon a star

For some reason I held onto my Akershus ADR and now I have a decision to make. I need to decide if we should eat dinner at Akershus or Ohanas.

Here's the deal: there are 4 of us, DH, me, DS (3) and DD (1).

The day I have the Akershus ADR I also have a Coral Reef ADR for lunch earlier that day. The day I have the Ohana ADR I was planning on staying for F! and then high tailing it over to Ohanas for our late ADR (8pm!)

I need to cancel 1 ADR as I have 1 too many for our FD plan. So it's come down to either Akershus or Ohanas to go. Which would you rather eat at? Keep in mind, we have 2 young children. The Akershus is for almost 7pm and Ohanas is at 8pm on different days.

Help me decide!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. emmaleigh47

emmaleigh47 Mouseketeer

Ohana -- I am in the minority but it is my favorite restaurant in all of Disney!

4. Cinderella94

Cinderella94 <font color=blue>now and then i have to remind mys

We have done both and while we liked Akershus, we love 'Ohana. I'd pick that one.

5. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

I would pick Ohana it's great

6. clanmcculloch

clanmcculloch DIS Veteran

Honestly, I wouldn't want either. While I enjoy both restaurants and have gone back for repeat ADRs, they don't fit your schedule very well. With kids that young, an 8pm ADR is too late. With a lunch ADR, a dinner is likely too much food and too much time in restaurants for the day.

If I had to keep one, I'd keep the Akershus ADR because it at least works a bit better schedule-wise.

Food-wise and atmosphere-wise, I prefer Akershus over 'Ohana.

7. ShellyShellfish

ShellyShellfish Wishing upon a star

I know, the fact that Ohanas is so late is what made me pick that as the one to possibly be eliminated. All of our others are for between 5 and 6 pm when we typically eat. I keep hoping for an earlier time, but we all know how likely that is. :lmao: