AK in the evenings

kt_mom

DIS Veteran
I've seen where people say that AK clears out after the afternoon parade. DD and I will only be going to AK once on our March trip with the intent of riding EE a few times and that's really it.

Now DD is used to going in October and early december when its not too crowded and we go to EE first thing in the morning and there's been times when we've rode it 4 times with no real wait. Only stopping becuase at some point, enough is enough. For DH and I anyway. She would probably keep on riding as many times as she had someone to ride with her!

But since we're really only going there to ride that one ride, I'm wondering how the line will be in the later afternoon and early evening up until closing? Would we be able to get in a few rides between say 4 and 7 in the evening or should I still plan it as a morning park? The week we are going is mostly 10's on the crowd calender.

ETA: I had AK scheduled for Wednesday morning but that's EMH morning and now the park is opening at 8 which means the EMH will be at 7:00 and that's really early.

I am one of the people who clears out right after the parade and there are a lot of people going with me as I leave.

Right this very minute at AK, there is a 34 minute wait time and Kali River Rapids and all the FPs are gone. Expedition Everest is at 32 minutes or 8 in the single rider and all the FPs are gone as well. The parade was at 3:45, and it is now 4:13. The crowd level is an 8.2 if that gives you any idea.

yeah it clears out a lot around 4:30 and even more so after 5:30 when the safari shuts down.. dino will go down to no wait at all, a few minute wait for EE in single riders a little longer for standby.. nothing else will really have a line.

I think the secret got out about AK in the evenings. It is still better, but I haven't noticed it empty like it used to be.

I think AK is very pretty as (and after) the sun goes down. I really like AK, though. It is such a lovely park.

I really miss AK Evening EMH. It was awesome riding EE at night. Also, Kali had a cool "Jungle Cruise after dark" feel. Even the Carnival theme of Hester and Chester's Dino Land seemed cooled with all those big white light bulbs actually turned on.

Dinoland+At+Night+%252822%2529.JPG

I think the secret got out about AK in the evenings. It is still better, but I haven't noticed it empty like it used to be.

I think AK is very pretty as (and after) the sun goes down. I really like AK, though. It is such a lovely park.

it was on sunday, there wasnt a wait for anything and that was a morning EMH days durring a holiday weekend

it was on sunday, there wasnt a wait for anything and that was a morning EMH days durring a holiday weekend

I wonder how comparable that would be to an evening such as March 14 or 15. The park hours on the 14th are 8-8 with morning EMH. The hours on the 15th are 9-8.

If we went about 5:00 or even 6:00 and just tried to ride EE a few times before the park closes and then head back to the room as an early night would that work? Could we get in 3 or 4 rides on EE? I realize we might have to wait a little in line but as long as we get a few rides in that would be great.

Then I can plan an additional morning at MK or HS where there are more things we want to try to ride in the early less crowded hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter