AK Food

I prefer Boma over Tusker in terms of food quality and selection. Also I think AKL offers night vision goggles for viewing animals at night which you can do after dinner.

It will be more inconvenient traveling from AKL to your home resort due to the bus transfer, unless you have your own car or plan on heading to a park or DD after dinner.

I think I'm in the minority here on the Dis but I didn't love Boma. I'm not a big fan of spices that I associate with desserts (cinnamon especially) in savory dishes and a lot of Boma's offerings fall into that category. Tusker House, on the other hand, I loved. The menus are similar but the preparations and seasonings different enough that each stands alone, and TH was much more to my personal tastes.

Also, transportation after dinner at AKL can be a pain if you don't have a car. Transferring at an open park or DTD after a long day isn't worth the hassle, so if you choose Boma and are relying on Disney transportation I'd strongly recommend calling a cab.

Sanaa! Okay, that wasn't a choice so I will go with Boma. But if you haven't looked at the Sanaa menu give it a glance. The food is so good!

Add us to all the Boma voters (although I have to agree with the poster who said Sanaa has it over Boma).

Getting back to your resort wont be that big a deal if you are dining fairly early. You're going to be at POFQ, right? Epcot is the closest park to your resort, so just hop an Epcot bus and transfer to your resort bus there. Or go to DHS if it happens to be open late that night. We usually just take a taxi, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter