AK and HS in one day

iheartbklyn

You're not my demographic
Who has done both parks in one day? I originally planned two MK days for us and just one AK day, no other parks. I am thinking I might regret not going to HS though, I know my DD would really enjoy it. Is it worth the park hopper? How do-able is it when HS is only open until 7:30 on that day? We will be at AK in the morning due to an ADR.

Do you only have three days? Is there any chance you would hop on the other days? Are you doing the Halloween party on one of your nights? What time are you arriving/departing from Orlando?

Depending on the answer to some of these questions, you may have other options.

Above poster is definitely right but I have done both in one day. It is not a great way to see each park in detail but if you want to see the whole park and hit up the main attractions it is doable. I would say reserve your fast passes for DHS instead of AK. DHS lines tend to get extensive where Animal Kingdom is definitely doable without FP.

We're doing a AK/HS split day.

We actually went this route because when I asked the kids to make a list of what they're interested in at each park their Magic Kingdom & Epcot lists were huge and varied but the AK & HS lists had a grand total of 6 attractions - 3 at each park. We'll be hitting AK in the morning & HS for the afternoon. The kids have also reserved the right to head back to MK or Epcot after dinner. It'll be a busy day but we're game!

We are doing the same split day also. Three rides we are interested in AK, some walking around, then HS with our scheduled FP+

a HS/AK split is very doable - we've done it twice before

HS early, do the rides, sci-fi lunch,

then over to AK for the afternoon (no rides, just walking thru for us)

Do you only have three days? Is there any chance you would hop on the other days? Are you doing the Halloween party on one of your nights? What time are you arriving/departing from Orlando?

Depending on the answer to some of these questions, you may have other options.

We only have three park days, one is MNSSHP.

Friday: Arrive in Orlando, no park scheduled. We should be to the hotel by 2 pm.

Saturday: MK all day

Sunday: DTD for BBB and then MK for MNSSHP

Monday: AK in the morning due to ADR for Tusker House.

Tuesday: Departure flight at 11:00 am.

I am planning on doing this for our upcoming trip as well. We are going to do AK in the morning with the EMH hour, lunch at Tusker House and then HS in the afternoon and evening to meet characters and see fantasmic.

I will be attempting to use the FP+ at HS. I want to get TSMM, but not sure about the other two. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

We only have three park days, one is MNSSHP.

Friday: Arrive in Orlando, no park scheduled. We should be to the hotel by 2 pm.

Saturday: MK all day

Sunday: DTD for BBB and then MK for MNSSHP

Monday: AK in the morning due to ADR for Tusker House.

Tuesday: Departure flight at 11:00 am.

From your schedule, I assume you have a 2-day park ticket. It's not cost effective to add another day. The PH is right at $50 per ticket, so I guess you'll need to decide if it's worth another $100 to do two parks on that last day. Personally, I think I would leave it as it is and just fully enjoy what you have planned. HS will still be there on your next trip.

From your schedule, I assume you have a 2-day park ticket. It's not cost effective to add another day. The PH is right at $50 per ticket, so I guess you'll need to decide if it's worth another $100 to do two parks on that last day. Personally, I think I would leave it as it is and just fully enjoy what you have planned. HS will still be there on your next trip.

Yes we only have 2-day park tickets. I am not so much worried about the cost...I think it will be a while before we go back though. :confused3 I will probably wait until the day of to add the park hopper if we are interested. Too many variables right now I guess.

It is very easy to do. We usually leave AK at 1PM or so. Obtain FP+ for DHS for later in the afternoon.... I really like to schedule it to hit the parade at DHS and then ride rides and see Fantasmic if it is playing. I also like to eat at 50s prime time diner..

The other option is to add a day to the ticket and rope drop AK until NOON and then leave...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter