Airtran Seating

PoohBear

DIS Veteran
If you do not pay extrs for assigned seats. Do you choose them for free when you get to the airport or when you check in online? Or do they just assign them to you? What do you think are the chances of getting five people together?
Thanks

I wouldn't count on getting five people together. I have been flying Airtran a lot lately and every flight that I have been on has been full. I know that you probably already know this, but if you want to sit together eat the cost and pay for the seats. It's the only guarantee you'll have.

DD and I flew Airtran in November from Atlanta.

When I bought the tickets, I paid for the seats for us. There were very few 2 seats left together and DD doesn't like to sit next to strangers. I bought them a month before our flight and most of the seats left were singles.

When you check in on line you can chose your seats but if you have a small child that needs to sit with a parent, I'd pay for the seats upfront.

I paid for my dh & I & our 3 year old to sit together. I think it was about 3 months ahead that I booked them.

Thanks for the help. I did pay for the extra seating because we do have a little one in a car seat. I was curious, if you did not pay then how do you get seats. Are they assigned or do you choose them yourself at some point?

Does anyone know if you can go back into your reservation and change the seats you selected? ( if they open more seats up at the 24hr. mark)

If you don't pay for advance seating your seats will be assigned when you check-in. If you check-in online at the 24 hour mark you will see what you've been assigned and have the option to change them. Be aware, however, that others are selecting their seats at the same time and what may have been 2 seats together may have someone else sitting in one of them when you go to switch the second person to it.

Does anyone know if you can go back into your reservation and change the seats you selected? ( if they open more seats up at the 24hr. mark)

You can change your seats anytime if you paid the $6 fee, or within 24 hours of your flight if you didn't pay. You should check in on-line 24 hours ahead even if you already paid for your seats, because they moved one of our seats that we'd paid for once. We didn't check in on-line because we were staying at Pop, and when we checked in for ME at luggage services, we found out one of our seats had been changed. We ended up going through the line at the airport to get it fixed, and in order to sit together, we ended up in the very back (noisy!) row on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter