AirTran online check-in...

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by two*little*birds, Oct 4, 2012.

1. two*little*birds

two*little*birds <font color=green>LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

I know you can check-in online 24hrs before your flight... is the system accurate in terms of timing? i.e. Might it possible 30 hours before, or 26? Or is it a firm 24?

Hoping to upgrade to business class. ;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Traveliz

Traveliz DIS Veteran

It's exactly 24 hours. If you are using AirTran credits you cab do that at midnight on the day before your flight though but you need to call the regular 800 number and not the rewards number as it is closed overnight.

Liz

4. lost*in*cyberspace

lost*in*cyberspace DIS Veteran

FYI, for all airlines it is a firm 24 hours (excluding WN's EBCI). Often you have to wait a few minutes after the 24 hour mark.

5. refillable mug

refillable mug Once is never enough

I'm pretty sure this a TSA directive for all airlines. Can't on line check prior to 24 hrs.

6. dioxide45

dioxide45 DIS Veteran

This is only to upgrade from coach to BC using A+ credits. I don't think they check you in yet though. You still have to wait till T-24 hours to checkin online and print boarding passes. Though your BC seat is confirmed.

7. Traveliz

Traveliz DIS Veteran

True I was addressing the OPs desire for business class upgrade.

Liz

8. crashbb

crashbb DIS Veteran

Just to point out that it is for US airlines (possibly the rule for other countries, but not worldwide). I've checked in (and printed my boarding pass) much farther out than 24 hours for other airlines (mainly in Asia).

Doesn't apply to most people here, but I was shocked when I realized that I could do so (I had assumed that the 24 hour thing was worldwide).