Airtran Flight Schedules changes

Ode

Mouseketeer
We recently booked a RT flight from DTW to MCO for July 18-28. Our flight out of DTW was originally scheduled at 12:00 noon, it has been changed to 1 1/2 earlier. Does Airtran have to notify us......of this change?

They will notify you. But it may take a while.

It's best to occasionally check your reservation. You already know about the change; why wait for notification? Be proactive; contact AirTran if you want to change your flight.

They typically notify you at 30 days. There may be more changes before then. It is a good idea to be proactive in case they make a change you don't like.

We are flying in June and they notified us when both of our flights changed last week. It worked out better for us. Good Luck!

They changed our fights a couple of days ago but I haven't heard anything from them. The change was better for us so I'm thrilled.
I check our flights regularly because I know you can't depend on them to notify you of changes.

Carla

I have ALWAYS flown Air Tran to Orlando (from Flint, Michigan (Bishop) Airport whenever going to Disney World. I happened to look for our "possible" trip in December and discovered that not only are they not offering any straight through non-stop flights any more...There are very long lay overs and the price has really jumped! Yikes! It's just a lot of money and time spent to make it worth for me to go...:sad2: I can't see being in an airport for a lay over for five hours with a four year old granddaughter, her grumpy parents and my grumpy husband!:scared:

I received an e-mail notification from AirTran when my flight times changed for my July 25-30 trip.

They changed our fights a couple of days ago but I haven't heard anything from them. The change was better for us so I'm thrilled.
I check our flights regularly because I know you can't depend on them to notify you of changes.
Did you make seat selections and are those still in place?

Long ago (not sure whether it is still tru now) if Delta changed your flights, you lost your seat assignments. You would have to telephone in to reselect seats. This also accepts or reconfirms the flights. It was a good idea to do this if you liked the change, so the airline could not make another change to a third flight that was worse while the second flight still exists and sold out, and, upon your inquiry, claim you were never on the second better flight.

We've made our seat selections and yes our seat selcetions are still in place. They've changed our outbound departure from noon to 10:36 AM and still nonstop (which is very important since I hate flying), not to worried about that. It's the return section that if they change could have some serious impact on my schedule as I have a 3 hr drive to get back to the airport on that day. I'll keep an eye on the schedule and if they change it, then I'll give them a call to try to get my schedule re-arranged......ode

Every time we've had a time change when booked on AirTran they have sent me an e-mail message with a request to either accept or reject the change. I've always accepted the changes. About a month ago I got notice that they were changing our June flight to Orlando to arrive about an hour earlier (oh, darn! :) ). I've never read the fine print on the "reject" option other than they ask that you call AirTran to make other arrangements, but I suspect that if you need to make a change in such cases they would waive any change fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter